How many cycling jersey/shorts do you have?

7 pairs of shorts
3 pairs of tights
7 jerseys
3 long sleeve jersey
1 vest with wind stopper
1 jacket
1 goretex rain suit
assorted gloves and booties
I guess I'm lucky to have so much I do a lot of commuting so I have aquired lots of stuff. Better than filling the Lincoln with gas. The clothes last a long time if you take care of them and I'm always on the look out for bargains.

2 shirts with 2 on the way, plus 1 I never wear and may frame someday if I ever have time and money
5 pairs shorts, only 3 of which are good for riding in public
0 bibs but I want to change that soon as possible
1 pair of long tights and one pair of close-fitting poly "warm-ups" from my swimming days - perfect for extra-cold days
countless socks, some of them match
2 pair shoes
3.5 pairs of gloves

Hmmmmm.....4 pair of shorts(2 are older and a bit big),one pair of tights,one jacket,one vest and 6 jerseys. I find EBAY a great place to pick up different(new)jerseys at reasonable prices.
I also am planning to pick up some bibs this winter as well.

I have 1x long sleeve jersey, 2x short arm jerseys, 1x no arm jersey, 2x shorts, 1x tights, 1x windstopper vest (mucho expensive!) and 1 pair of shoes for each bike.

Cycling clothes? Let's see: Jeans, Slacks, Shorts, Short sleeve buttoned shirts, Long sleeve buttoned shirts, and a couple T-shirts.

The only cycling specific clothes I own are SPD shoes. About 10 years ago, I did a century just to see if I could do it... wearing jeans and a T-shirt of course.

5 pair of shorts, 2 pair of bibs, 4 jerseys, 2 pair of tights, 2 pair of leg warmers, and 2 pair of arm warmers. (I like some of the others here wait for the bike store clearances in the fall and score some nice buys.

Adding....
1 shorts, 2 bibs, 2 jerseys, 1 tights, 1 long sleeve windstopper jersey, 2 pair shoes

Plenty of socks, most with only one hole.... :)

Originally posted by Cipher
5 pair of shorts, 2 pair of bibs, 4 jerseys, 2 pair of tights, 2 pair of leg warmers, and 2 pair of arm warmers. (I like some of the others here wait for the bike store clearances in the fall and score some nice buys.

Yep, I wait for the sales too.
I have about a dozen each; shorts and jerseys. I also have a bunch of each that are new unused, I couldn't pass up those deals. Also have two pair of tights, 4 long sleeve hooded jerseys and and a jacket, which really just a jersey with pockets on the side.
This season; 2003, I bought my first skin suit. I now have four (all sale deals) and have bought one as a gift for my cousin (my ride buddy). They are so much more comfortable than tops and bottoms. You never have to adjust anything, they are aptly named Skin suits because they feel that good. If you have a chance to get your hands on one, do. You will not regret it.
:) Personally, I do not think I will go back to seperates unless I just don't have a choice.

Watch Ebay for my sale on those new shorts and tops I will never use....

If you are interested, and would like to try one without spending the going $150 US. Look at longscycle.com. If you are not choosy about patterns, you can get a Giordana grab bag (random pattern) Skin Suit for $50-60 US.

Originally posted by stevenaleach
Thankyou! A voice of reason! If you aren't in a race there is NO excuse for wearing obnoxious spandex (or any other material for that matter) bike shorts in public. I could never wear bike shorts, and I don't want to have to look at anyone else wearing them either!

I wonder how many auto accidents have been caused by motorists either staring at a cyclist's shorts or desperately trying to avert their eyes.... hmm... driving with eyes closed is probably not a good idea.

Steve, you have to get over the fright of others in spandex. As Mouse Potato has said, comfort, comfort, comfort is a good reason to wear spandex.

I know you said you would never wear it, but just once, try a pair on "UNDER" your regular jeans or cargo pants (you won't be showing anything unflattering to anyone and your neighbors will still love you in the morning). Your tender parts will love you for it too.

Just to clear up misconception, the spandex shorts riders use is not just for the sake of showing off your posterior. They have a padded chamois in the sitting area to cushion those Tender areas I spoke of. The use of spandex is to hold that chamois tightly against your body so it doesn’t move and chaff. Jeans and Cargo pants (I am sure their was a collective cringe upon reading that) will leave you sore, really really sore. If it doesn't, you probably aren't riding long or hard enough to have these concerns.

Besides, most of us when we pass another cyclist, are checking out their ride, not their butt (most of the time that is).
:)

Originally posted by stevenaleach
Thankyou! A voice of reason! If you aren't in a race there is NO excuse for wearing obnoxious spandex (or any other material for that matter) bike shorts in public. I could never wear bike shorts, and I don't want to have to look at anyone else wearing them either!

I wonder how many auto accidents have been caused by motorists either staring at a cyclist's shorts or desperately trying to avert their eyes.... hmm... driving with eyes closed is probably not a good idea.

haha. i agree, only my bum needs that extra padding, and the baggy mtn biker shorts are far more expensive than the standard spandex.

2 - medium shorts for mtn biking and my "feeling bloated" days
1 - small expensive pearl izumi shorts--the only one i've found that's comfortable for 50+ mile (my a** deserves this)
2 - small shorts for everything else
1 - padless tights for cold days
[all pretty standard black spandex]

4- cheap plain jerseys
1- plain nice looking but not well engineered mtb t-shirt (pockets in back are wayy too low)
4-5 sport-bra tops i generally use mtb or w/ camelbak

9 pairs of cute defeat socks (there's my weakness)

Not a one sir. Just pants and the proverbial roll of duck tape for 'round the legs. Spandex only for bras and underpants, where applicable!

Originally posted by less'go
Not a one sir. Just pants and the proverbial roll of duck tape for 'round the legs. Spandex only for bras and underpants, where applicable!

A few of everything; I wait for sales.

Don't need it for short rides (30 mi or less) but if I end up doing much more things chafe a bit.

Nope, it's not kind to my features. Heck, I figure that then in comparison, when my biker friends see me in public they'll think I'm gorgeous.

1 jersey that fits
3 jerseys that are too small (before I figured out that cycling clothes sizes don't have any consistency -- one XXL is smaller than the 2 XL's that don't fit, and all are significantly smaller than the XXL that does fit)
several "Coolmax"-type t-shirts from W*mart
3 pairs of shorts
1 pair of tights
1 pair of armwarmers
4 pairs of cycling specific socks, and several pairs of generic Coolmax sports socks
1 pair of cycling shoes

Jerseys: 2x Fox, 1x Trek, 1x Motorola team, 1x Shimano long sleeve MTB/Motocross, 1x Ultima long sleeve winter jacket

Shorts: 2x Trek 2002 & 2003 USPS, 1x Fox MTB 8 panel lycra.

I have no hangups wearing any of it either, whether on the bike or in the shopping centre. Fact is that good cycle gear is the most comfortable clothing I know of. And yes I like the bright graphics and logos too...makes a nice change to the usual bland stuff everyone wears. As for the myth of lycra shorts attracting attention to one's genitalia it's just that...except at the bike show where it's the other cyclists doing the size comparison.

Not enough I need more. It's just a few of each. The bib shorts seem to be popular. Several on here have said they really love these. I'd like to get a few pairs of those. They kind of are like sporty farmer shorts Lol.

2 jersey
1 lycra short
1 liner short
2 Mt bike shorts
and....A whole bunch of running clothing

I have no cycle related clothing, only gloves for the handlebars.

I usually ride in a pair of jogging bottoms and a t-shirt and while I may not look the part I do at least feel comfortable.

I have a couple of them that I've got when I signed up for some races, I never bought one, but the ones I have are good memories from those times.

I have 4 jerseys, 3 under shorts and 2 over shorts...

I'm busy looking at some more though! :D