How often do you get a new bike

Once every as often as desired...
... which has been 9 years since the last full bike.

There hasn't been anything that gets the ol' **** cannon as excited as the last bike, so until someone comes out with something more fun or Shimano finally make good on their patent for 14 speeds and disk brake standards actually become that - a standard, then I may end up buying an even faster motorcycle than the last one. Maybe I should just change the front sprocket so I can get 100mph in 1st rather than just a piffling 96.

I wanted carbon for my second bike as well, but my expectations weren't high on the material. I've asked plenty experienced riders before hand about alloy vs carbon, their response "get a new wheel set instead of a new bike". In terms of speed and function, they'd be right if....Practicality was the only reason for my purchase.

I ordered my bmc without even test riding it, I thought it looked that cool and it was on a high discount. As a 61cmer, sizing usually comes down to just getting a 61 without trying other sizes. As for comfort, it takes a lot for me to be uncomfortable on a bike.

Most people just listen to marketing when comparing carbon to alloy. The Alloy Synapse is extremely comfortable. They say alloy is suppose to be rough, but it can roll through countless potholes and absorb most of the vibration. The TMR02 has me feeling rough roads. Weight isn't noticeably different between either bike, although i've never weighed them.
For my first road bike purchase, the parameters were pretty simple. Get a bike that fits, doesn't break the bank and is sturdy enough to withstand rookie mistakes. A Cannondale Synapse that I still use around half the time. For my second bike, I wanted something that I really liked the look of and was really different than the first. Having my gear range preference and something built for speed was also important. I picked a BMC TMR02. I use it heavily in warmer months and put it away in the winter.

my first road bike: 2009 Specialized Tri-Cross Single Speed (to see if i will actually ride)
2010 Look 566 w/ Sram Red w/ Sram S30 Wheels
This week just bought a new 2018 Cannondale SS HM Dura Ace Disc

Reactions: Uawadall
I own the following bikes and I bought them in the following order . I would never dream of ever selling one as they are all very personal to me . Bought a new 2006 Trek 5000 TCT carbon metallic blue with shimano ultegra/dura ace mix components and Bontrager triple chainset . Bought a new 2006 Felt F55 aluminium frame / carbon fork Shimano ultegra/ dura ace mix. Bought second hand 2005 Felt FC carbon gloss transparent coat , everything Dura Ace including aluminium C24 wheels . Bought new 2006 Trek Madone 5.5 carbon , metallic cherry red all Dura Ace 7800 with Easton Circuit wheels. Bought second hand 2006 Trek Madone 5.9sl metallic dark blue , all Dura Ace including 7803 triple and Easton Tempest wheels.Bought new 2017 BMC SLR03 matt black all shimano 105 upgraded Thompson seatpost and Pro Lite wheels. Bought new 2018 Specialized Roubaix all Tiagra .Bought new 2019 Merlin Nitro Aero all Dura Ace 9001 including Dura Ace wheels Bought second hand Felt Q220 mountain bike aluminium red and weighs a ton Shimano Claris .

Reactions: Uawadall
List your collection for us , would be curious to know what you have at present

List your collection for us , would be curious to know what you have at present

I was the original poster my current bike list includes:

2013 Cannondale Synapse w/Tiagra components. I bought it used in 2014, it was my first road bike. I still have it today, I’ve thought of selling it a few times, but it means a lot to me. Currently, it mostly is used on the trainer. I ride it outdoors occasionally. It has a compact 50/32 and 11/28

My second bike is a BMC Tmr02 with 105. I bought it in 2017, I liked the look of it so much, I ordered it without test riding it. My first bike was purchased out of necessity and cost, this bike was bought for the cool factor. This bike gets the most use on road rides. It had a mid compact 52/36 and 11/28

My third bike is a Cannondale topstone with 105 purchased months ago. I had no intention of getting a new bike this year, but I became highly interested in gravel riding. I live next to some nice gravel roads and wanted to try something new. This is my first disc brake bike. I had no idea how superior disc brakes are for long and windy descends. The bike has a 46/28 and 11/32. This bike will get you up anything, I often use it as a road bike(with wide 35 knobby tires).

Reactions: headset2