I FINALLY Rode My New Bike! Unfortunately, it was a disaster....

[COLOR= #0000ff]Hey, you two![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Brad, your Kimber is one talented lady! I have no patience for building things with little parts, and that's probably a good thing, because I have no eye-hand dexterity, either, lol. But her airplane is really pretty. It's even one of my favorite colors. And I read the comments people made on it, so I know she did an excellent job. My particular creative specialty is putting photos and words together in albums to tell lovely tales of the event. Have been known to make people cry, lol.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Steve, I really love the brown accents, too. I like them so much that I really wish they had fenders that color! It bugs me that most fenders only come in silver or black, lol, and I can't BELIEVE Raleigh doesn't offer painted-to-match fenders for their bikes; somebody in their sales office should look into that, because I think they could make a lot of money really easily. I've been looking for skirt guards for the rear wheel, which are really popular in Europe -- and I can't find THOSE here, either! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/nonono2.gif[/COLOR] I would love to have a skirt guard in that rich brown. Not that I ever ride with skirts, but I think they look really classy. Maybe I'll figure out how to make one of my own....

[COLOR= #0000ff]It occurs to me that I should have turned the bike the other way in the pictures, so the chain guard is showing, too; I think it adds something to it. Will remember that when I post pictures after she's all prettied up. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Yeah, after last night's ride I'm not so worried about the handlebar position. We'll get it figured out -- or I'll go shopping for a new stem. I'm beginning to love how easy fixing bike problems can be, lol. It's a lot easier than actually choosing the bike![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Have a good one, y'all.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Sierra[/COLOR]

That's a beautiful bike, Sierra! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/drool.gif

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

[COLOR= #0000ff]Thanks, Paramount![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]She's definitely growing on me, lol, in many ways. I'll do as you say and just keep riding her whenever I can. (Unfortunately, it's raining today and supposed to rain for the next 3-4 days; and unlike some of those hardies in the column on how cold and wet you'll ride in, I don't ride in the rain! Even if I wanted to, my glasses would get wet and I would be totally blind. Sigh....) [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I spent several hours last night looking at bike-accessory sites. How much fun is that! Frugal Hubby has let me know that HE bought me the bike and the fenders and basket, but the rest of the prettying up will come out of my personal account, lol. Still... I will have those hammered brass fenders, eventually, even at $160. They're just so pretty, lol.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I'll post another pic when I get her fenders and all on her. (Just doing black ones for now.) This time I'll turn her 180 degrees so her chain guard shows. It flatters her figure, LOL. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Thanks again. We mommies love people who love our babies. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Sierra[/COLOR]