I thought this was a forum not Ebay

hemplands

Aug 16, 2003
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Can someone please get rid of these darned adverts, or get them a section in the forum for it.

Someone just wants to cash in on the mighty dollar, pound and euro.

Get a life Mate !

and Moderators do your stuff ! :mad:

The people who run this site apparently do not care what their members think. I have PM'd Steve about this and nothing has been done. All of this spam, and all of these ads are a frigging shame and the mods clearly do not care about doing a good job in here.

The powers that be really need to clean this **** up. I think, however I am wasting my breath and keystrokes here. I hope they prove me wrong.

Come on guys. Just ignore those posts. Simple enough!

I suspect that the mods here also have lives outside of the forum...

Hey Pete...I agree with you and do not read those posts, but it does sometimes make navigating the forums a bit of a pain. Forgive me if I seem bitter, but when I come in here I do not want to be bombarded with posts offering Xboxes or Nike shoes or handbags, etc.

I do suppose that if the any of the mods have too much of a life to do the job they took on, then they need to leave the moderating to someone who can do it properly. I do not think that is asking too much...perhaps I am wrong.

Cheers,

Brian

The Site Administrators need to give a handfull of people Moderator Priveleges. If they take one long time, reputable (and very frequent) member from each of the sub-forums and give them the ability to lock and delete threads, this problem would be solved.

Scarantino said:
The Site Administrators need to give a handfull of people Moderator Priveleges. If they take one long time, reputable (and very frequent) member from each of the sub-forums and give them the ability to lock and delete threads, this problem would be solved.
That is an excellent idea. Who do we mention this to?

Powerful Pete said:
A moderator--if you can find one. :D

I would help if the mods nuked whole accounts rather than just deleted posts. You see the same accounts being used for spamming, like the "buy nike" a-hole. If some of the spamming is automated then the site should add captchas to the registration process.

Bro Deal said:
A moderator--if you can find one. :D

I would help if the mods nuked whole accounts rather than just deleted posts. You see the same accounts being used for spamming, like the "buy nike" a-hole. If some of the spamming is automated then the site should a captchas to the registration process.
I have no idea what most of your quote actually means, but I strongly support it all. ;)

Powerful Pete said:
I have no idea what most of your quote actually means, but I strongly support it all. ;)
That should have been "add captchas" I should probably proof read things before I hit submit. :mad:

Powerful Pete said:
The site Admins/Owners (wherever there are?)

Best thing to do is block the IP of spammers. Problem solved.