ID my Mongoose bike?

Badger South

Guest
Hi,

My current trail bike is a Mongoose, and looks like this:

http://www.trakcycles.com.au/products.php/command/viewproduct/productserial/141/categoryserial/8

...but I worry it's a knock-off, since I didnt' pay 389 for it. ($200).

Is there a version one step below? How can I tell which mongoose it is?

If it -is- that model, is this a good bike for a newbie heavyweight rider?

I know most ppl say get a hard-tail, but I'm not so heavy that I don't get use outta the
dual-suspension. ;-)

Thanks, and sorry for the semi-lame questions.

-B
--

In article <[email protected]>, Badger South
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My current trail bike is a Mongoose, and looks like this:
>
>http://www.trakcycles.com.au/products.php/command/viewproduct/productserial/141/categoryserial/8
>
>...but I worry it's a knock-off, since I didnt' pay 389 for it. ($200).
>
>Is there a version one step below? How can I tell which mongoose it is?

OK, I'm answering my own question. It's not the D.H 1.5. The bike I have is the XR-100, and that is
a step below the D.H.

Supposedly the retail is $300, and I paid $185ish.

I couldn't find it anywhere so I posted here. THen I got the idea to look on ebay and found it.

It's a bit on the 'heavy' side at 45lbs. A bit. Yeah.

Maybe this will help someone else.

-B

--

"Badger South" <[email protected]> wrote

> >Is there a version one step below? How can I tell which mongoose it is?
>
> OK, I'm answering my own question. It's not the D.H 1.5. The bike I have is the XR-100, and that
> is a step below the D.H.
>
> Supposedly the retail is $300, and I paid $185ish.

The XR-100 sells at Walmart.com for $149.

Pete