ID this Ritchey stem

Chris M

Guest
I have been using the Ritchey WCS stems for the past 4 years and aside
from changing the branding the only trivial change was reducing the cap
in size by taking the center out, leaving it as 2 thin caps each with 2
ti bolts. Now I see this on Simoni's Scott bike at the Giro and it
looks totally different. I have heard about Ritchey giving prototypes
and early production to pros that beg for it (including some that he is
not even officially supporting). He is showing up on more and more
Protour and Continental team bikes. Anyway, I was just curious to see
if anyone could ID this (new?) stem. The previous WCS forged aluminum
stem is the lightest production aluminum stem I have ever seen (Only a
few magnesium stems are lighter).

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006/giro06/tech.php?id=/photos/2006/giro06/giro_bikes7/IMG_0713

Chris M wrote:
> I have been using the Ritchey WCS stems for the past 4 years and aside
> from changing the branding the only trivial change was reducing the cap
> in size by taking the center out, leaving it as 2 thin caps each with 2
> ti bolts. Now I see this on Simoni's Scott bike at the Giro and it
> looks totally different. I have heard about Ritchey giving prototypes
> and early production to pros that beg for it (including some that he is
> not even officially supporting). He is showing up on more and more
> Protour and Continental team bikes. Anyway, I was just curious to see
> if anyone could ID this (new?) stem. The previous WCS forged aluminum
> stem is the lightest production aluminum stem I have ever seen (Only a
> few magnesium stems are lighter).
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006/giro06/tech.php?id=/photos/2006/giro06/giro_bikes7/IMG_0713

that is the new ritchey stem, 4-axis something. it's been available
sometime.