IMBA Advocates Illegal Night Riding!

> On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 06:36:10 GMT, "Rosco" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .
> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]...
> .> On 10 Sep 2004 09:01:42 -0700, [email protected] (Reco Diver)
> wrote:
> .>
> .> .Scott Burley <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .> news:<[email protected]>...
> .> .> 9 out of 10 Mike Vandemans agree:
> .> .>
> .> .> > "Day Use" means use during the daytime. They are misusing the
> English
> .> .> > language. ===
> .> .
> .> .The language is not being used wrong, the wording just has a bit of
> .> .ambiguity.
> .>
> .> No, it doesn't. We all know what "day" is.
> .
> .What exactly is YOUR definition of day??
>
> Same as Webster's. When the sun is shining.

No need to be purposely misleading, (which could be construed as a lie), it
is only one of many definitions given by Websters.

> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On 25 Sep 2004, Mike Vandeman offered up this insight:

> .> .The language is not being used wrong, the wording just has a bit
> of .> .ambiguity.
> .>
> .> No, it doesn't. We all know what "day" is.
> .
> .What exactly is YOUR definition of day??
>
> Same as Webster's. When the sun is shining.

Show me here where it says "when the sun is shining":

Main Entry: day
Pronunciation: 'dA
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English dæg; akin to Old High German
tag day
1 a : the time of light between one night and the next b : DAYLIGHT 1, 2
2 : the period of rotation of a planet (as earth) or a moon on its axis
3 : the mean solar day of 24 hours beginning at mean midnight
4 : a specified day or date
5 : a specified time or period : AGE <in grandfather's day>
6 : the conflict or contention of the day <played hard and won the day>
7 : the time established by usage or law for work, school, or business
8 : a period of existence or prominence of a person or thing

Source: http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=day

--
__ __ _ ___ ___
/ _|/ _/ |_ _|_ _|

[email protected]

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 01:30:38 GMT, "Rosco" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 06:36:10 GMT, "Rosco" <[email protected]> wrote:
..>
..> .
..> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .news:[email protected]...
..> .> On 10 Sep 2004 09:01:42 -0700, [email protected] (Reco Diver)
..> wrote:
..> .>
..> .> .Scott Burley <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .> news:<[email protected]>...
..> .> .> 9 out of 10 Mike Vandemans agree:
..> .> .>
..> .> .> > "Day Use" means use during the daytime. They are misusing the
..> English
..> .> .> > language. ===
..> .> .
..> .> .The language is not being used wrong, the wording just has a bit of
..> .> .ambiguity.
..> .>
..> .> No, it doesn't. We all know what "day" is.
..> .
..> .What exactly is YOUR definition of day??
..>
..> Same as Webster's. When the sun is shining.
..No need to be purposely misleading, (which could be construed as a lie), it
..is only one of many definitions given by Websters.

And it's the only relevant one.
===

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 02:48:59 GMT, Scott Burley <[email protected]> wrote:

[...]

Here. DUH!

..2 : the period of rotation of a planet (as earth) or a moon on its axis
..3 : the mean solar day of 24 hours beginning at mean midnight
..4 : a specified day or date
..5 : a specified time or period : AGE <in grandfather's day>
..6 : the conflict or contention of the day <played hard and won the day>
..7 : the time established by usage or law for work, school, or business
..8 : a period of existence or prominence of a person or thing
..
..Source: http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=day

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On 10 Sep 2004 09:01:42 -0700, [email protected] (Reco Diver) wrote:
>
> .Scott Burley <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> .> 9 out of 10 Mike Vandemans agree:
> .>
> .> > "Day Use" means use during the daytime. They are misusing the English
> .> > language. ===
> .
> .The language is not being used wrong, the wording just has a bit of
> .ambiguity.
>
> No, it doesn't. We all know what "day" is.

"WE" all know what Day Use means, apparently YOU do not.

news:eek:[email protected]...

wrote:

> .On 25 Sep 2004, Mike Vandeman offered up this insight:
> .
> .> .> .The language is not being used wrong, the wording just has a bit
> .> of .> .ambiguity.
> .> .>
> .> .> No, it doesn't. We all know what "day" is.
> .> .
> .> .What exactly is YOUR definition of day??
> .>
> .> Same as Webster's. When the sun is shining.
> .
> .Show me here where it says "when the sun is shining":
> .
> .Main Entry: day
> .Pronunciation: 'dA
> .Function: noun
> .Etymology: Middle English, from Old English dæg; akin to Old High German
> .tag day
> .1 a : the time of light between one night and the next b : DAYLIGHT 1, 2
>
> Here. DUH!

Day Use is a term that is defined by either 5 or 7 below. Day Use is a
specified time or period, i.e.; 8:00 am to 10:00 pm would be an example of
Day Use as a specified time, and it would also be a time established by
usage or law for work, school or business. Of these two, 5 and 7, 7 is
probably the more accurate definition of Day Use.