In the drops

Hey Guys.... I placed 11th (out of 21) yesterday in my weekly crit. That's the highest spot for me so far in the C-Flite. I know its because of all the great advice everyone has graciously given me here and in a couple of other rooms.

Thank you all very much!

Originally Posted by alienator .

I think if Laurent Fignon were around, he'd challenge that statement about the guy winning the Giro.
Point well made. I'd rather admire Moser for the way he rode classics, which were more his element, anyway.

Originally Posted by wbkski .

Hey Guys.... I placed 11th (out of 21) yesterday in my weekly crit. That's the highest spot for me so far in the C-Flite. I know its because of all the great advice everyone has graciously given me here and in a couple of other rooms.

Thank you all very much!
Good job! Give yourself most of the credit, you deserve it.

Originally Posted by danfoz .

Here's a 60 something fella racing in my very own local park last year. Anyone guess who it is?

He spent time where and when it was needed.

This is Senor Francesco Moser a 3 time Paris Roubaix winner. You are lucky to see him!

Originally Posted by Kcire .

This is Senor Francesco Moser a 3 time Paris Roubaix winner. You are lucky to see him!
You are 100% correct and here is a vid of the man himself and the awesomeness of racing that is my local park every weekend through most of the season. Multiple categories, all fields usually maxed out. Competition is fierce! And completely off topic, it's a particularly wonderful place to live.

Wow! He is still well fit for his age and had kept up finishing this race. Thank you for sharing this video!

Originally Posted by wbkski .

Thank you all very much!
Nice result, crits are great fun. Here we can generally race crits during the week and again on the weekend without having to travel to far.

Originally Posted by Kcire .

Indeed, very lucky to be racing with a rider like that