Increasing Power

teebone

Oct 9, 2006
I am new to training with power. I have scoured the older threads to find answers to my two questions, but can't find exactly what I was looking for (cripes, I have U2 stuck in my head - not bad actually).

Anyway, these are my two questions:

1 - How do I increase my "on-demand" power? What I mean by this is the repeatable power efforts you need for last lap, prime lap, and corner surges in a crit.

2 - How do I increase my sustained power output?

My 20 minute power output average is about 240. At 79kg that puts me right in the middle range for a cat4 racer.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

teebone said:
I am new to training with power. I have scoured the older threads to find answers to my two questions, but can't find exactly what I was looking for (cripes, I have U2 stuck in my head - not bad actually).

1 - How do I increase my "on-demand" power? What I mean by this is the repeatable power efforts you need for last lap, prime lap, and corner surges in a crit.

My 20 minute power output average is about 240. At 79kg that puts me right in the middle range for a cat4 racer.

1: Search threads with magic words like "Criterium racing" or "Criterium training".

2: 2*20 min intervals

teebone said:

Believe it or not, each of your questions are answered in the "it's killing me..." thread...

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t314849.html

Long read, but worth it...

Jim