Road Cycling · Public discussion

Interesting Ferrarri comments

Started by Chris · · Last activity · 43 posts · 4,716 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
11 September 2003
Last activity
16 September 2003
Original author
Chris
Posts
43
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,716
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–43 of 43
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "chris" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Intermediate are the Type IIA (pretty good endurance and power) and IIX are explosive. The problem
    is, simply be alive and active (ie, walking to the soda fountain) will transform these fibers to
    IIa. That's why they're almost no existent in humans.

    Individuals leading the typical American couch-potato lifestyle will have plenty of type IIa (type
    IIx) muscle fibers - on average, for example, the lateral gastrocnemius (calf muscle) will be around
    50-55% type I, 25-30% type IIa, and 15-20% type IIb.

    Andy Coggan

  2. "chris" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Sorry, Carl. I should probably correct my statement to, "...a number (that I am unable to specify)
    were blood boosting with no safety controls in place (during the insurgence of HIV in the U.S.). I
    have been told the Alexi Grewal was one of the few who didn't take part in this, but Eddie
    Plankert also claimed he never took EPO when he was winning, just when he was going slow..." I
    should mention, for anyone not familiar with blood boosting, that at the time of the '84 Olympics
    blood boosting wasn't banned, so technically they probably weren't doing anything different than
    many other countries.

    Thanks, but I was just trying to make a correction. There have been a lot of blanket statements
    about drugs and riders, so I just wanted to point out that it wasn't the entire US team. As you
    mentioned though, technically it wasn't illegal at the time, no matter how questionable the
    method used was.

    Quoted message said:


    I also have it on three sources (I would consider reliable, as they have no reason to lie,
    including one former member of the National Team) that a large number of the National Team
    athletes in the early 80's used steroids and other drugs. While I have no interest delving into
    this issue, I merely was pointing out, in my previous statement, that we often try pretend this
    stuff never went on.

    Not disputing what you've been told, but I've only heard of two riders that fit that could
    description.

  3. You are correct, and I never want to make blanket statements.

    CH

    "Carl Sundquist" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "chris" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Sorry, Carl. I should probably correct my statement to, "...a number (that I am unable to
    specify) were blood boosting with no safety controls in place (during the insurgence of HIV in
    the U.S.). I have been told the Alexi Grewal was one of the few who didn't take part in this,
    but Eddie Plankert also claimed he never took EPO when he was winning, just when he was going
    slow..." I should mention, for anyone not familiar with blood boosting, that at the time of the
    '84 Olympics blood boosting wasn't banned, so technically they probably weren't doing anything
    different than many other countries.

    Thanks, but I was just trying to make a correction. There have been a lot of blanket statements
    about drugs and riders, so I just wanted to point out that it wasn't the entire US team. As you
    mentioned though, technically it wasn't illegal at the time, no matter how questionable the method
    used was.

    Quoted message said:


    I also have it on three sources (I would consider reliable, as they have no reason to lie,
    including one former member of the National Team) that a large number of the National Team
    athletes in the early 80's used steroids and other drugs. While I have no interest delving into
    this issue, I merely was pointing out, in my previous statement, that we often try pretend this
    stuff never went on.

    Not disputing what you've been told, but I've only heard of two riders that fit that could
    description.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.