interfacing computrainer readouts with polar's training software

kylefox

Dec 3, 2003
I own both a Polar 720 HRM plus a brand new Computrainer. However, i like the coaching software that comes with the Polar solution over the computrainer coaching software.

So my question is: has anyone come across a way to interface computrainer data files into Polar's coaching software?

Originally posted by kylefox
I own both a Polar 720 HRM plus a brand new Computrainer. However, i like the coaching software that comes with the Polar solution over the computrainer coaching software.

So my question is: has anyone come across a way to interface computrainer data files into Polar's coaching software?

A side question, how do you like your computrainer so far?i'm keen to get one but its expensive.

You could buy a copy of CyclingPeaks (www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com), and use it to first import the Computrainer data, then export it in Polar format. Note, however, that this will only work if you have a version of the Computrainer Coaching Software that doesn't encrypt the files.

Andy,

I started a thread a while ago about my decision in buying a CompuTrainer, you might want to look it up.

I have been riding mine for a little over a month now and I love it. It has helped me ALOT in maintaining consistency.

Due to the regimen that my coach has me on however, I simply ride the basic CT most of the time and rarely if ever use the 3d stuff.

I am now learning to set-up the coaching software for the testing I need to do (ergo regimens), but don't own the software yet, so I can't save things off.

Anyway, I have never been much for indoor riding, and that is all I am doing now. Might be more a statement of my focus, than the wonder of CT, but I would be nowhere without the CT as a regular trainer is simply boring now.

I downloaded the CT to Polar software (and the NET Framework) and get everything to install OK but can't get it to create a file. I don't get any error messages, its says done!! after working on the file but nothing appears on my disk. Anybody have any help?

Frakturen said:
I have made a converter from CT to Polar.
It's free. You can download it from
http://w1.401.telia.com/~u40124543/CtToPolar.htm

You must have a registered copy of Coaching Software 1.5

Lars,
easier option is purchase vr trainer, i have just purchased an I Magic trainer, as far as i can see its best to download a rider that is achieving your next step in time and speed or even import a previous ride of your own and intend on remaining 100ft or more infront that way you know that every training session is that little harder than the last.

plus you get graphs of power cadence heart rate and speed so you can recognise your weeker areas and put in extra work where your slacking the most