Is assos really worth getting? Or is it just hype

hmm the 2007 range of assos has come out. SALE ON 2006 RANGE PLEASE :D do they guys ever go on sale? i hope they do lol :)

Damn, got my F1. Mille yesterday in the post Assos shop reccommended XL seem to fit nice but bunching a bit in under and above the glutes when I stand. plus bit above the grippers and crotch in the tuck, Is this normal or should i size down? :confused: Im getting a L sent up to try anyways. How tight or snug should they be?

Already I think I'm a convert and I haven't ridden in them. They feel/fit so much nicer than PI already. I can see my credit getting another workout with ASSOS :eek:.

There's a bit of sale on with some of their winter gear and some jerseys.

Rockslayer said:
Damn, got my F1. Mille yesterday in the post Assos shop reccommended XL seem to fit nice but bunching a bit in under and above the glutes when I stand. plus bit above the grippers and crotch in the tuck, Is this normal or should i size down? :confused: Im getting a L sent up to try anyways. How tight or snug should they be?
They are cut to fit in the cycling crouch, so I would not worry too much about what they are like when standing up. You should use your best judgement about how tight they are and whether a size smaller would fit okay. If they are bagging because of excess fabric that is not being taken in by the elastic then you need a smaller size.

My Assos stuff fits fairly tight. I can wear an M or an L. I usually buy L because the lycra stretches a less and I think they will last longer because of that.

I love the Mille. Some people here evidently don't like the shorter legs, but I dislike the th current style which puts the ends of your shorts just above the knee. The worst offender is those horrid Postal shorts. The Mille has a classic length and gives a tan line that allows you to wear casual shorts.

If you can get Assos winter gear for a good price then go for it. They make great cold weather stuff, and it actually is cut to be form fitting as opposed to the baggy PI gear.

wcngu1 said:
If in a week I only rode one full day (6-8 hours) and two days of riding to and from work (only 40min-1hour each way) how long would you predict an Assos S2 to last? I"m also considering getting the campagnolo racing bibshort, Adistar bib short, Santini, Pearl izumi (not sure about these). Its a bit like rolling a dice...

to be honest I wish I could just wear something casual like a comfy normal pair of shorts that dont' look so tight on the ass (friends are giving me funny looks when I say I"ll probably wear bike shorts). I"m mainly doing this for fitness and touring on the beach and along the YArra river like I used to do on my mountain bike. Aerodynamics means nothing to me but I guess for comfort bibs are my only choice :(

The Adidastar EP Bibs Are Super Nice and So Are The Santini Solo Twist Gel Bibs. Giordana Body Clone are great but very expensive. Forget about Assos and Pearl Izumi.