Is Hincapie the sticking point for High Road ?

whiteboytrash

Mar 9, 2005
Reading on some other forums and heard some rumors that Hincapie is the sticking point for High Road's entry into the Giro and other GT's. Its well understood that Big George partook in a fairly heavy doping in the 2000's and the GT's/ASO don't want his kind in their races. Thoughts ? The way things are going Hincapie won't even be riding the classics.

You have a George fixation. Do you want to shag George? Do you find varicose veins sexy?

classic1 said:
Do you find varicose veins sexy?
:)

If this were true and not merely scuttlebutt, it would kinda serve them right. I recall Thunder said he gave them a serve for hiring Hincapie. Much as I'd hate to be on the end of one of those, Stapleton would feel worse now.

Drongo said:
:)

If this were true and not merely scuttlebutt, it would kinda serve them right. I recall Thunder said he gave them a serve for hiring Hincapie. Much as I'd hate to be on the end of one of those, Stapleton would feel worse now.
I doubt it. Stapleton would have been confused more than anything. He wouldn't have been able to find a translation service on the interweb that could translate from 'thunderese' to English.:D

But no, thunder is right, they shouldn't have hired GC. They could have hired me for a 10th of the price with the same result i.e no classic wins, probably fall off lots. As an added bonus I have no varicose veins, would shag Georges missus better than he could and the only drugs I take are caffeine, alcohol (I'm drunk now) and the occassion nicotine fix.

classic1 said:
I doubt it. Stapleton would have been confused more than anything. He wouldn't have been able to find a translation service on the interweb that could translate from 'thunderese' to English.:D

But no, thunder is right, they shouldn't have hired GC. They could have hired me for a 10th of the price with the same result i.e no classic wins, probably fall off lots. As an added bonus I have no varicose veins, would shag Georges missus better than he could and the only drugs I take are caffeine, alcohol (I'm drunk now) and the occassion nicotine fix.
Sounds like damned good value to me. Send in your CV, c/- George's missus, and try your luck.

classic1 said:

With the right blood boosting programme we could turn you into a Tour contender - oh hang on, that's ten years ago. Keep boozing son.