Isis Hollow BB - How to remove crank?

gogreen

Dec 31, 2003
I have a FSA hollow ISIS drive BB. I have FSA Gossamer crankarms. I removed the crankarm bolts already. Now my normal "105/ultegra" crankarm puller will not work, because the BB is completely hollow, ie..Nothing to push against. How do I get that damn crankarms off? Maybe I should have had self extracting crankarm bolts (I don't know what they are exactly, but that would make sense in this case). Do I need to purchase self extracting bolts, and utilize them just to remove the crankset?

Your help would be greatly appreciated?

gogreen said:
I have a FSA hollow ISIS drive BB. I have FSA Gossamer crankarms. I removed the crankarm bolts already. Now my normal "105/ultegra" crankarm puller will not work, because the BB is completely hollow, ie..Nothing to push against. How do I get that damn crankarms off? Maybe I should have had self extracting crankarm bolts (I don't know what they are exactly, but that would make sense in this case). Do I need to purchase self extracting bolts, and utilize them just to remove the crankset?

Your help would be greatly appreciated?

Park Tool CCP-4 works for ISIS drive.

Try dropping a bolt in the spindle for the tool to push aganst.Works for octalink hollow spindles.