ITM K-Sword bars & stem - creeking

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Lama, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Lama

Lama New Member

OK - So i recently installed a set of these puppies - both stem & bars - new.

Got them as a screaming deal in Ebay - certainly wasnt going to pay retail!!

Anyway - after torqueing to the correct settings etc i am getting a creeking noise coming from them when really cranking on them ie out of the saddle sprinting, climbing hard etc.

I know its definately coming from the stem/bars connection. and believe its caused by the carbon faces rubbing together.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to go about fixing this noise - its really bugging me..... maybe should i put some thin paper in the gap, or is there some kind of 'grease'"(for want of a better term).

thanks to all in advance

BTW - fairly happy with them otherwise. certainly something to get used to after using alloy traditional bars for so long.

[​IMG]

Tags:

2. Peter@vecchios

[email protected] New Member

Tacx makes some for carbon to carbon connections 'goop'. Don't remember what it is, not a grease...get some of that and use a torque wrench.

3. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

I have found that taking stuff apart, cleaning, applying a very light layer of grease/carbon compound (depending on what the material is) and re-installing gets rid of most of the creaking noises...

4. Lama

Lama New Member

OK brilliant

I thought there might be some kinda 'goop' to solve the problem

thanks again!