ITM K-Sword bars & stem - creeking

Lama

Oct 18, 2004
OK - So i recently installed a set of these puppies - both stem & bars - new.

Got them as a screaming deal in Ebay - certainly wasnt going to pay retail!!

Anyway - after torqueing to the correct settings etc i am getting a creeking noise coming from them when really cranking on them ie out of the saddle sprinting, climbing hard etc.

I know its definately coming from the stem/bars connection. and believe its caused by the carbon faces rubbing together.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to go about fixing this noise - its really bugging me..... maybe should i put some thin paper in the gap, or is there some kind of 'grease'"(for want of a better term).

thanks to all in advance

BTW - fairly happy with them otherwise. certainly something to get used to after using alloy traditional bars for so long.

388.jpg

Lama said:
OK - So i recently installed a set of these puppies - both stem & bars - new.

Got them as a screaming deal in Ebay - certainly wasnt going to pay retail!!

Anyway - after torqueing to the correct settings etc i am getting a creeking noise coming from them when really cranking on them ie out of the saddle sprinting, climbing hard etc.

I know its definately coming from the stem/bars connection. and believe its caused by the carbon faces rubbing together.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to go about fixing this noise - its really bugging me..... maybe should i put some thin paper in the gap, or is there some kind of 'grease'"(for want of a better term).

thanks to all in advance

BTW - fairly happy with them otherwise. certainly something to get used to after using alloy traditional bars for so long.

388.jpg

Tacx makes some for carbon to carbon connections 'goop'. Don't remember what it is, not a grease...get some of that and use a torque wrench.

I have found that taking stuff apart, cleaning, applying a very light layer of grease/carbon compound (depending on what the material is) and re-installing gets rid of most of the creaking noises...

OK brilliant

I thought there might be some kinda 'goop' to solve the problem

thanks again!