It's official - Wiggins did NOT dope

This is hilarious! Nice charts. Looks like Wiggins has been learning how to use Excel on his off days. The fact that these people know all these terms (reticulytes, off score, etc.) is obvious they are trying to get around the system. I don't buy any of this blood profile exercise. Maybe Alpuerto will put out an Etch a Sketch version of his blood profile.

No_Positives said:
Maybe Alpuerto will put out an Etch a Sketch version of his blood profile.

Good idea. He could announce with great fanfare in front of the worlds press that Don Catlin is going to draw the chart on the etch a sketch while he's at it.

classic1 said:
Good idea. He could announce with great fanfare in front of the worlds press that Don Catlin is going to draw the chart on the etch a sketch while he's at it.

lulz.

No_Positives said:
This is hilarious! Nice charts. Looks like Wiggins has been learning how to use Excel on his off days. The fact that these people know all these terms (reticulytes, off score, etc.) is obvious they are trying to get around the system. I don't buy any of this blood profile exercise. Maybe Alpuerto will put out an Etch a Sketch version of his blood profile.

No his charts show it is certain that he has not doped. The problem about the charts in general, though, is it is possible to have curves going the 'wrong' way but that you have not doped. It could just be that you have unusual blood levels - the reason why you were good at sport in the first place. That's why it's not a full proof and thus not used as hard evidence of doping. But if the curves are going the right way, it's pretty certain that you haven't been touching anything.

I wouldn't believe that Wiggins would dope in a million years anyway. He famously told a press conference he wanted to punch a rider in the face on his team a few years back, when their team was pulled out after a positive. The Brits take doping very seriously, which is probably why historically there have been so few good Brit riders.

TheDangerMan said:
The Brits take doping very seriously, which is probably why historically there have been so few good Brit riders.

Err, no. The reason for our modest success in continental road racing has nothing to do with our 'alleged' fixation with doping. The fact is british people are not very interested in professional cycling. In the old days it was regarded with suspicion probably because the french (& other equally 'dubious europeans' - belgiums, spanish, italians) were keen on it :eek: & we had football, cricket & rugby to keep us busy. The net effect was very little infrastructure & sponsorship.

The traditional route into the profession was (& still is) via european amateur teams. This was a very difficult leap for british riders to make taking into account the language barrier, homesickness, prejudice, disgust at 'foreign' food etc

In any case british riders made their mark - Simpson, Hoban, Millar, Elliot, Yates

gtm said:
The traditional route into the profession was (& still is) via european amateur teams. This was a very difficult leap for british riders to make taking into account the language barrier, homesickness, prejudice, disgust at 'foreign' food etc
:D I was thinking that Italian and French were the most prejudicied by the foreign food!

poulidor said:
:D I was thinking that Italian and French were the most prejudicied by the foreign food!

French / Italian food is way superior to our 'cuisine' but you can imagine that someone raised on fish & chips, frey bentos pies, spam fritters & yorkshire pudding would be intimidated by the european diet :rolleyes:

So why is it "No Positives" instead of "Riding Clean"?

Because we all know he doped, that's why.