Just ask Graham Watson- I guess people will buy anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tony

I saw Mike J's post about the "ask Graham" section on the GW website and took a look, hoping to
get some info on photography, instead it was a pure laughfest of Lance groupies, including this
one who posted:

Geoffrey L. Crosbie - 08/17/2003: The photo that you took showing Lance crashing on stage 15 in the
Tour is great. Do you have a shot taken just before it, showing the bag hooked to his handle bars? I
am a big fan of yours and of Lance and after the tour I was able to aquire the very bag on e-bay,
that in my opinion won the tour for LA. I would like to have the bag and a photo framed together. Is
this possible? Thank you for your help and I enjoy your work geoff

The reply: Hi Geoff, seems like you have quite a souvenir with that bag! if you can send a message
to the 'gw shop'/'prints' section of this site, someone will take care of your request... Are you
sure that is THE bag? Or is someone playing with you...? I only have the shot taken as he fell, not
when he got tangled in the bag...sorry! GW

[email protected] (Tony) wrote in news:[email protected]:

> I saw Mike J's post about the "ask Graham" section on the GW website and took a look, hoping to
> get some info on photography, instead it was a pure laughfest of Lance groupies, including this
> one who posted:
>
> Geoffrey L. Crosbie - 08/17/2003: The photo that you took showing Lance crashing on stage 15 in
> the Tour is great. Do you have a shot taken just before it, showing the bag hooked to his handle
> bars? I am a big fan of yours and of Lance and after the tour I was able to aquire the very bag on
> e-bay, that in my opinion won the tour for LA. I would like to have the bag and a photo framed
> together. Is this possible? Thank you for your help and I enjoy your work geoff
>
> The reply: Hi Geoff, seems like you have quite a souvenir with that bag! if you can send a message
> to the 'gw shop'/'prints' section of this site, someone will take care of your request... Are you
> sure that is THE bag? Or is someone playing with you...? I only have the shot taken as he fell,
> not when he got tangled in the bag...sorry! GW

LOL!!! I wonder how many Lance groupies/dorks/suckers got ripped off by this eBayer? Damn, I wish I
had thought of doing that.

- Boyd S.

I'll bet it even came with a certificate of authenticity.

"Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Tony) wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
> > I saw Mike J's post about the "ask Graham" section on the GW website and took a look, hoping to
> > get some info on photography, instead it was a pure laughfest of Lance groupies, including this
> > one who posted:
> >
> > Geoffrey L. Crosbie - 08/17/2003: The photo that you took showing Lance crashing on stage 15 in
> > the Tour is great. Do you have a shot taken just before it, showing the bag hooked to his handle
> > bars? I am a big fan of yours and of Lance and after the tour I was able to aquire the very bag
> > on e-bay, that in my opinion won the tour for LA. I would like to have the bag and a photo
> > framed together. Is this possible? Thank you for your help and I enjoy your work geoff
> >
> > The reply: Hi Geoff, seems like you have quite a souvenir with that bag! if you can send a
> > message to the 'gw shop'/'prints' section of this site, someone will take care of your
> > request... Are you sure that is THE bag? Or is someone playing with you...? I only have the shot
> > taken as he fell, not when he got tangled in the bag...sorry! GW
>
> LOL!!! I wonder how many Lance groupies/dorks/suckers got ripped off by this
eBayer?
> Damn, I wish I had thought of doing that.
>
> - Boyd S.

> [email protected] (Tony) wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
> > I saw Mike J's post about the "ask Graham" section on the GW website and took a look, hoping to
> > get some info on photography, instead it was a pure laughfest of Lance groupies, including this
> > one who posted:
> >
> > Geoffrey L. Crosbie - 08/17/2003: The photo that you took showing Lance crashing on stage 15 in
> > the Tour is great. Do you have a shot taken just before it, showing the bag hooked to his handle
> > bars? I am a big fan of yours and of Lance and after the tour I was able to aquire the very bag
> > on e-bay, that in my opinion won the tour for LA. I would like to have the bag and a photo
> > framed together. Is this possible? Thank you for your help and I enjoy your work geoff
> >
> > The reply: Hi Geoff, seems like you have quite a souvenir with that bag! if you can send a
> > message to the 'gw shop'/'prints' section of this site, someone will take care of your
> > request... Are you sure that is THE bag? Or is someone playing with you...? I only have the shot
> > taken as he fell, not when he got tangled in the bag...sorry! GW
>
> LOL!!! I wonder how many Lance groupies/dorks/suckers got ripped off by this
eBayer?
> Damn, I wish I had thought of doing that.
>
> - Boyd S.

You wish that you would have thought of lying to people?

boyd, you hurt grungis feelings he is the one who bought the bag......

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:%[email protected]...
>
> "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > [email protected] (Tony) wrote in news:[email protected]:
> >
> > > I saw Mike J's post about the "ask Graham" section on the GW website and took a look, hoping
> > > to get some info on photography, instead it was a pure laughfest of Lance groupies, including
> > > this one who posted:
> > >
> > > Geoffrey L. Crosbie - 08/17/2003: The photo that you took showing Lance crashing on stage 15
> > > in the Tour is great. Do you have a shot taken just before it, showing the bag hooked to his
> > > handle bars? I am a big fan of yours and of Lance and after the tour I was able to aquire the
> > > very bag on e-bay, that in my opinion won the tour for LA. I would like to have the bag and a
> > > photo framed together. Is this possible? Thank you for your help and I enjoy your work geoff
> > >
> > > The reply: Hi Geoff, seems like you have quite a souvenir with that bag! if you can send a
> > > message to the 'gw shop'/'prints' section of this site, someone will take care of your
> > > request... Are you sure that is THE bag? Or is someone playing with you...? I only have the
> > > shot taken as he fell, not when he got tangled in the bag...sorry! GW
> >
> > LOL!!! I wonder how many Lance groupies/dorks/suckers got ripped off by this
> eBayer?
> > Damn, I wish I had thought of doing that.
> >
> > - Boyd S.
>
>
>
> You wish that you would have thought of lying to people?

I was 100% sure that I bought the bag off ebay!

What now?

>Geoffrey L. Crosbie - 08/17/2003: The photo that you took showing Lance crashing on stage 15 in the
>Tour is great. Do you have a shot taken just before it, showing the bag hooked to his handle bars?
>I am a big fan of yours and of Lance and after the tour I was able to aquire the very bag on e-bay,
>that in my opinion won the tour for LA. I would like to have the bag and a photo framed together.
>Is this possible? Thank you for your help and I enjoy your work geoff

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:%[email protected]:

<snip>

> You wish that you would have thought of lying to people?

No.

I wish I would have thought of getting ahold of a bunch of those bags and selling them all on eBay
as *the* bag that took LA down. I've got no reservations about the lying which is inherant to the
scheme. Any mark that would bid on such an item deserves what they get. If its not me ripping them
off it will be someone else (for example the guy that's currently doing it).

- Boyd S. No you can't have your money back (all sales are final)

Thanks for the heads up on never dealing with you - you openly admit to want to rip people off
because "someone else will do so eventually".

I suppose you will kill people because eventually they will die anyways.

You must be quite a scammer Boyd

>I wish I would have thought of getting ahold of a bunch of those bags and selling them all on eBay
>as *the* bag that took LA down. I've got no reservations about the lying which is inherant to the
>scheme. Any mark that would bid on such an item deserves what they get. If its not me ripping them
>off it will be someone else (for example the guy that's currently doing it).
>
>- Boyd S.

> "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:%[email protected]:
>
> <snip>
>
> > You wish that you would have thought of lying to people?
>
> No.
>
> I wish I would have thought of getting ahold of a bunch of those bags and selling them all on eBay
> as *the* bag that took LA down. I've got no reservations about the lying which is inherant to the
> scheme. Any mark that would bid on such an item deserves what they get. If its not me ripping
them
> off it will be someone else (for example the guy that's currently doing
it).

Asshole -

Just because someone *can* be ripped off, doesn't mean they *should* be ripped off.

You may as well be doing a Ponzi scheme, which is no different from an ethical perspective. Or
selling bogus insurance to elderly people. Etc.

In general, fooling people is funny, but not if the end result is stealing from them.

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:p[email protected]:

<snip>

> Asshole -

Have I graduated from dumbass to asshole? W00000T!!!!

> Just because someone *can* be ripped off, doesn't mean they *should* be ripped off.

Did I say this? No. I said anyone who would buy *that* particular item deserves what they get.

> You may as well be doing a Ponzi scheme, which is no different from an ethical perspective. Or
> selling bogus insurance to elderly people. Etc.

We're stretching the analogy a bit now aren't we?

> In general, fooling people is funny, but not if the end result is stealing from them.

Its even funnier to fool gullible sports memorabilia collector dorks when you can "steal" from them
in the process.

BTW, is it really stealing if they are never the wiser? Both parties are satisfied, so who
would complain?

- Boyd S.

[email protected] wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up on never dealing with you - you openly admit to want to rip people off
> because "someone else will do so eventually".
>
> I suppose you will kill people because eventually they will die anyways.
If there was a buck to be made doing it, there'd be a section on ebay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.