Just losing it

FloydLandis

Jun 13, 2006
I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. Sorry for the same old lead-in. I am very good with my diet to the point where i do not even have to fight my self about eating too much or too little or staying hydrated and keeping properly fueled. But sometimes at least once every other month i just go on a food bender. I can't stop eating. It's like i become foodaholic and then it just subsides and i get back onto my plan. Is there any study about this and has anyone else had this happen to them. I don't feel like it's a problem but then who does when it involves them.

FloydLandis said:
I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. Sorry for the same old lead-in. I am very good with my diet to the point where i do not even have to fight my self about eating too much or too little or staying hydrated and keeping properly fueled. But sometimes at least once every other month i just go on a food bender. I can't stop eating. It's like i become foodaholic and then it just subsides and i get back onto my plan. Is there any study about this and has anyone else had this happen to them. I don't feel like it's a problem but then who does when it involves them.

Don't worry about it. Eating is one of the great joys of life. Most diets recommend a free day once a week anyway ,so your once every other month or so wont hurt anything.

Xsmoker said:
Don't worry about it. Eating is one of the great joys of life. Most diets recommend a free day once a week anyway ,so your once every other month or so wont hurt anything.
I remmber reading a study on endurance athelets and periods of binge eating associated with accumulated calorie loss. It had to do with muscle preservation and the athelets were all pro's and didnt have any weight isssue. So I would say no problem it will most likely help with recovery and prevent sickness.(but dont use that as an excuse to eat like pig)