expect find out who she is...

--
..dt

On 2006-07-28, dtmeister (aka Bruce)
> A month ago I was knocked over by a car just outside the doors to my
> office building in West Perth. The car was parrallel parked and pulled
> into my lane without looking, causing me to emergency brake and then
> whack into the back bumper and fall into the street.
>
> I was in shock (and subsequently have had a CT scan for my ongoing sore
> back) and the driver left without giving me her details. Her parting
> words were something like "Maybe you should watch where you are going."
> Anyway, I see that same car parked outside every couple of days. I left
> a note with my contact details, but she never rang.

Dude. Have you reported? You have her plate details and she has
failed to exchange details.

> The building I work in has 5 floors. Recently my company bought another
> company, and they have moved into the floor below us. I have got to
> chatting with someone who works there and rides most days. He asked
> about the incident again today, and asked me to describe the car and the
> driver. Apparently the details match someone who works at this company
> we just bought. I'm in the process of exchanging emails with him, and
> expect find out who she is...

Except that your delay may not be cast in favourable light when it
comes time to going to court.

Good luck!

--
TimC
was handled in the BIOS, I found that there aren't any. --unknown

TimC <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dude. Have you reported? You have her plate details and she has
> failed to exchange details.

No. My back issue happened around two weeks after the incident. I can't
be certain if it's related as I've had disc degeneration related pain
(fairly common) for years. However it hasn't flared up for ages and so
I think it's probably due to the incident. I wish I had reported her
to the cops, but I didn't get around to it. I'm more ****** off about
her very poor attitude.

> Except that your delay may not be cast in favourable light when it
> comes time to going to court.
>
> Good luck!

Nah, I'm not intending to take it further. But I want her to worry about
it, and I want her to know that I know who she is and that I think she
sucks. Had I arrived a few seconds earlier, I might not have been so
lucky. As we both essentially work for the same company (and I have
a witness who works in my office who saw the whole thing) I'm hoping
she mulls over what might happen if I was to push the issue internally.
Perhaps (wishful thinking) she'll look a bit harder next time.

--
..dt

So she caused an accident in which you were seriously injured, but you
have not reported the incident to police.

You are leaving this person on the road, to attack the rest of us ? Are
you sure about this?

AndrewJ <[email protected]> wrote:
> So she caused an accident in which you were seriously injured, but you
> have not reported the incident to police.
>
> You are leaving this person on the road, to attack the rest of us ? Are
> you sure about this?

I wasn't seriously injured. I didn't even lose any bark, and when she
asked me if I was okay, I said yes. I was in shock, and had I been in
a better state of mind, I would have said "no", and got her to exchange
details. Later I noted two bruises on the tops of my leg (must have hit
the handlebars) and a bruise on my left leg below my knee.

The back issues that came later may or may not have been as a result
of the accident. I'd probably have to pay lots of money to try and
prove it in court. They also aren't serious, just a flare up of symptoms
that I've had in the past, but that I'm still fairly sure was triggered
by falling onto my side. My major gripe was that after telling her that
she should be more careful in the future, she suggested that I was
somehow in the wrong. Also, I think she should have stuck around a bit
longer to make sure that I actually was okay. But she was in a hurry to
leave...

That being said, I still wish I had reported her. I even went to the
effort of downloading the pdf and filling it out. I then went to the
cop shop to find that their hours are weekdays, 8am to 4pm. Which
happens to be when I'm at work.

"dtmeister" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I wasn't seriously injured. I didn't even lose any bark, and when she
> asked me if I was okay, I said yes. I was in shock, and had I been in
> a better state of mind, I would have said "no"...

<snip>

> That being said, I still wish I had reported her. I even went to the
> effort of downloading the pdf and filling it out. I then went to the
> cop shop to find that their hours are weekdays, 8am to 4pm. Which
> happens to be when I'm at work.

It was only a month ago and you didn't have details (no rego??) at the
time, not injured imediately. Now you have ID and a witness, who will make a
statement (?) about the incident.

I'd say go for it, take some time to make a report. What she did (failing to
exchange details) is an offence, as well as pulling into traffic without
giving way. There is no time limit to lay a charge. You'll just need to be a
little pushy with the police to get it acted on.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Peter Signorini said:
I'd say go for it, take some time to make a report. What she did (failing to
exchange details) is an offence, as well as pulling into traffic without
giving way. There is no time limit to lay a charge. You'll just need to be a
little pushy with the police to get it acted on.

Precisely! Passed on this MassBUG* link before and we'll mention it again...
http://www.massbug.org.au/twiki/pub/MASSBUG/WebHome/Bike_Tipsreportingtopolice.pdf

*Although a Vic, QLD, SA, 'insert state here' version would be benefical too.

http://www.woj.com.au/crankbusters/for-cyclists-advice-and-nifty-tips/
http://www.woj.com.au/crankbusters/state-police-links/

dtmeister wrote:
> A month ago I was knocked over by a car just outside the doors to my
> office building in West Perth. The car was parrallel parked and pulled
> into my lane without looking, causing me to emergency brake and then
> whack into the back bumper and fall into the street.
>
> I was in shock (and subsequently have had a CT scan for my ongoing sore
> back) and the driver left without giving me her details. Her parting
> words were something like "Maybe you should watch where you are going."
> Anyway, I see that same car parked outside every couple of days. I left
> a note with my contact details, but she never rang.
>
> The building I work in has 5 floors. Recently my company bought another
> company, and they have moved into the floor below us. I have got to
> chatting with someone who works there and rides most days. He asked
> about the incident again today, and asked me to describe the car and the
> driver. Apparently the details match someone who works at this company
> we just bought. I'm in the process of exchanging emails with him, and
> expect find out who she is...

Yeah their might be revenge looming. On the other hand if you see the
car there every couple of days why not either sit on her bonnet till she
comes out or just go to the cops and get her busted for leaving an
accident scene and failing to exchange details?

Dave

dtmeister wrote:
> AndrewJ <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>So she caused an accident in which you were seriously injured, but you
>>have not reported the incident to police.
>>
>>You are leaving this person on the road, to attack the rest of us ? Are
>>you sure about this?

> I wasn't seriously injured. I didn't even lose any bark, and when she
> asked me if I was okay, I said yes. I was in shock, and had I been in
> a better state of mind, I would have said "no", and got her to exchange
> details. Later I noted two bruises on the tops of my leg (must have hit
> the handlebars) and a bruise on my left leg below my knee.
>
> The back issues that came later may or may not have been as a result
> of the accident. I'd probably have to pay lots of money to try and
> prove it in court. They also aren't serious, just a flare up of symptoms
> that I've had in the past, but that I'm still fairly sure was triggered
> by falling onto my side. My major gripe was that after telling her that
> she should be more careful in the future, she suggested that I was
> somehow in the wrong. Also, I think she should have stuck around a bit
> longer to make sure that I actually was okay. But she was in a hurry to
> leave...
>
> That being said, I still wish I had reported her. I even went to the
> effort of downloading the pdf and filling it out. I then went to the
> cop shop to find that their hours are weekdays, 8am to 4pm. Which
> happens to be when I'm at work.

So fax it. I would have lost it when she blamed you for the accident
she called.

Dave