kickstand on Giro?

Nathan

Guest
Has anyone put a kickstand on a Giro? If so, where did you get it, and was it pretty simple
to install?

Nate

> Has anyone put a kickstand on a Giro? If so, where did you get it, and was it pretty simple to
> install?

The HostelShoppe sells a Vision Gizmo to attach a Greenfield K/S to the rear drop of a Giro.

http://www.hostelshoppe.com/cgi-bin/readitem.pl?Accessory=1005338632

I am not thrilled with this idea for asthetics or stability though I have not tried it. I am working
on a twin legged K/S (similar to the ESGE twin) that will attach to a X-Eyed Bacchetta Midship Rack.
Stay tuned...

- Bellaire, TX USA -

Geez, $30 just for the little piece that the actual kickstand connects to? That seems really high,
but I guess if it is the only game in town...

Nate

Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Has anyone put a kickstand on a Giro? If so, where did you get it, and was it pretty simple to
> > install?
>
> The HostelShoppe sells a Vision Gizmo to attach a Greenfield K/S to the rear drop of a Giro.
>
> http://www.hostelshoppe.com/cgi-bin/readitem.pl?Accessory=1005338632
>
> I am not thrilled with this idea for asthetics or stability though I have not tried it. I am
> working on a twin legged K/S (similar to the ESGE twin) that will attach to a X-Eyed Bacchetta
> Midship Rack. Stay tuned...

> Geez, $30 just for the little piece that the actual kickstand connects to? That seems really high,
> but I guess if it is the only game in town...

Now 2000 miles on my Giro and I have managed to survive without a $30 Gizmo and a $36 Kickstand.
This includes a daily commute with loaded panniers as well as a Saturday ride w/ stop for brunch.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

I use a 24" long peice of oak dowel (turned from a broken bo-staff) and prop the Giro up with it
against the hydration pouch and seat brace. You can also use it against the Pannier rack, if you
have a bit shorter peice... the key seems to be a spare hair tie, to set the front brake while you
park. I hang it in the tube that the hostel shop Giro bag has for a bike pump while not being a
kickstand. As an added benefit, it might just save your life against a feral dog one day.

Randy