kilometer times

nitrogenmustard

Feb 3, 2004
i was recently able to ride a 1:07:3 kilometer
is this good?
can i find out anybody else's time or is it one of those things that people don't say?

Originally posted by nitrogenmustard
i was recently able to ride a 1:07:3 kilometer
is this good?
can i find out anybody else's time or is it one of those things that people don't say?

1:07:03 is no mugs time.
How good it is will depend on
a) How old you are
b) What kind of track you did this on
c) how long you have been riding

My best time is a 1:10 on concrete outdoors. I absolutely think the Kilo is the most disgusting race ever devised :(
I hate em, I mean REALLY hate em
1:07 would prob get you a backup ride at the worlds in my country though

15, concrete outdoors?
your either a liar or a god :D

1:07 at 15 would be amazingly fast on any track let alone outdoors. If you seriously did this then you have an amazing gift, no doubt we will here alot about you in the future.

Well over here in Australia you would have placed in top 5 in under 19 (which is 17-18 year olds) Australian Titles. What size gear were you riding?

thats a big gear for a youngster, remembering Aussie is one of the best trake nations in the world (Damn it) to place in the top 5 in U19 on a gear that 99% of 15 year olds would strugle to get over is almost......unbelievable

i wish i lived near lehigh valley. i want to try track racing, but its a 4.5hr drive to get there.

i would either do the kilo or individual pursuit

Originally posted by velomanct
i wish i lived near lehigh valley. i want to try track racing, but its a 4.5hr drive to get there.

i would either do the kilo or individual pursuit
Kilo is a Sadests race.... Just out of Anorobic range....it has to be the nastiest distance to race IMO...

my friend christian stahl holds the junior national record for the kilo at 1:05.3 but i think he was 18 then.

a couple weeks ago i was racing a pro/1/2/3 crit and attacked with about 80 seconds to the finish. it was the hardest effort i ever made. i have done kilos on the road for fun, and they do hurt a lot.

Originally posted by velomanct
i have done kilos on the road for fun,

Kilo's for fun? ARE YOU INSANE? thats like saying I spat in Mike Tyson's face for a laugh :rolleyes:

Pain isnt when you blow and get dropped, pain is when you blow and have a small lead close to the finish. In to much pain to make it, to competitive not to ignore the pain.

Originally posted by Fixey

Pain isnt when you blow and get dropped, pain is when you blow and have a small lead close to the finish. In to much pain to make it, to competitive not to ignore the pain.

Well put. You have made my day for quotables.

Originally posted by nitrogenmustard
don't quote me but i beieve it was somewhere around a 48x14

A 48x14 will give you a roll out of in excess of 7 metres per revolution.

The USCF gear restriction for a junior your age is (converted from imperial) 6.6294 metres. Therefore your claimed time did not occur in competition. Gear restrictions are in place to protect pre adolescent and adolescent growing bodies.

1 km TT's are only USCF events commencing at 18 years of age. Up till that age the maximum is a 500m TT.

Your claimed time of 1.07 is about 5 seconds quicker than the US open female record.

Nitrogenmustard, can you see why readers of your post are having a credibility problem?

Originally posted by Fixey
Kilo's for fun? ARE YOU INSANE? thats like saying I spat in Mike Tyson's face for a laugh :rolleyes:

it's fun to see if i can set a new personal record. actually, i spend a lot of my riding/training/racing trying to break personal records. i have a powertap so i don't even bother looking at speed or time, just power.

Veloflash u make a good point with the credibility of nitrogenmustard's claim being a little difficult to believe, I'm not saying it isnt true though........

Nitrogenmustard is there any way that you can somehow verify this time? how was it timed and who timed it? I really am quite jealous of you as my PB is 1.10 and i am 22! And i rode the same gear 92.6.

Also, I wonder if nitrogenmustard's time is taken from a standing start, not a flying start (makes a big difference).