Kreitler rollers

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mann, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. Mann

    Mann Guest

    Do the Kreitler Challenger 4.5" rollers provide enough resistance without the headwind unit for a
    recreational level rider?

    Do the 4.5" rollers have a different feel than the 3" rollers? Are they easier for a roller
    newbie to learn?

    I'm confused about how the 2 sizes compare. When I see the 4.5" rollers reviewed it always seems to
    be with the headwind unit.

    Mann

    Tags:

  2. Dion Dock

    Dion Dock Guest

    I think the larger diameter drums are supposed to be easier to ride and the smaller ones provide
    more resistance, hence they don't use the fan. The bigger drums take up more room.

    If you want rollers for spinning, get the big drums. A stationary trainer is better for
    hard workouts.

    -Dion

    "Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Do the Kreitler Challenger 4.5" rollers provide enough resistance without the headwind unit for a
    > recreational level rider?
    >
    > Do the 4.5" rollers have a different feel than the 3" rollers? Are they easier for a roller newbie
    > to learn?
    >
    > I'm confused about how the 2 sizes compare. When I see the 4.5" rollers reviewed it always seems
    > to be with the headwind unit.
    >
    > Mann

  3. Tom Carrico

    Tom Carrico Guest

    I have the 4.5" rollers. They do provide a fair amount of resistance and I have used them for years,
    but I did just order the headwind unit. I ordered it to provide more variety and variability during
    the long winter months here in the pacific northwet.
    --
    Tom Carrico http://www.ccdargo.com

    "Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Do the Kreitler Challenger 4.5" rollers provide enough resistance without the headwind unit for a
    > recreational level rider?
    >
    > Do the 4.5" rollers have a different feel than the 3" rollers? Are they easier for a roller newbie
    > to learn?
    >
    > I'm confused about how the 2 sizes compare. When I see the 4.5" rollers reviewed it always seems
    > to be with the headwind unit.
    >
    > Mann

  4. If you're in the 52x11 or 52x12 you'll be leaving quite a puddle of sweat on the floor. For a
    recreational level rider, they should be fine. Besides, you can always add the fan later.

    Bob C.