Ksyrium spokes

alfeng said:
The nipples are unique, but I think the threading is a standard 2.0mm (14g).

The Ksyrium spoke "head" (at the hub end) MAY be the same as the spokes on the other MAVIC wheels BECAUSE the hub shells look very similar (from a distance) to me ... but, I haven't looked at any MAVIC wheels in a long time.

So, the next time you go to you LBS, look at some other MAVIC wheels to see if the hub end of the spoke looks the same ... bring one of your spokes to see if it will fit in the OTHER hub ... if so, then you should be able to substitute one of MAVIC's 'round' spokes for your wheel's 'flat' spokes if you can find one that is the correct length ...

It will be an imperfect solution, but it will allow you to use your wheel.

Yeah I guess this is the best I can do, thanks. My LBS sucks though, I always have to go to the next nearest thing and that takes pretty much the whole day.

alfeng said:
I don't recall what the heads of the Ksyrium spokes looks like, so I don't if the following is viable ...

But, if a regular J-bend spoke head can be seated properly/securely in the MAVIC hub, then I would consider changing out all the non-driveside spokes with some straight gauge 2.0mm spokes ...

OR, pull one of the Zircal spokes & see which diameter spoke has the same "flex" when you secure it AND a regular spoke to a table top AND THEN put a light weight on the end of both spokes.

OR, just put ONE stainless steel spoke of the proper length in place (presuming the hub will hold the spoke's head) of the absent spoke and not worry about the lateral loads -- a single, stiffer spoke is probably better than one that is less stiff.

OR, if one of the other MAVIC spokes is available in the correct length (1mm-maybe-2mm shorter is "okay"), then you can probably substitute it if the cosmetics of having a 'round' spoke doesn't matter to you.

Zircal' as in aluminum and unique to these wheels. 'Normal' spokes won't work.