Laughing My Ass Off

>[email protected]
>Date: 8/15/2004 10:44 AM Eastern

>Lyne Bessette just crashed and needed a wheel
>
>Guess where the wheel was/
>
>In the Trunk/Boot of the Kanuk Support Vehicle
>
>--
>le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett

CN says VanMoorsel screwed up and took her out? Yes, no?
Thanks Bill C

On 08/15/2004 08:50 AM, in article
[email protected], "TritonRider"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> [email protected]
>> Date: 8/15/2004 10:44 AM Eastern

>> Lyne Bessette just crashed and needed a wheel
>>
>> Guess where the wheel was/
>>
>> In the Trunk/Boot of the Kanuk Support Vehicle
>>
>> --
>> le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett

> CN says VanMoorsel screwed up and took her out? Yes, no?
> Thanks Bill C

Watch it live on the USA Network ...

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

<[email protected]> wrote:

> >[email protected]
> >Date: 8/15/2004 10:44 AM Eastern

> >Lyne Bessette just crashed and needed a wheel
> >
> >Guess where the wheel was/
> >
> >In the Trunk/Boot of the Kanuk Support Vehicle
> >
> >--
> >le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett

> CN says VanMoorsel screwed up and took her out? Yes, no?

Yes it was on TV. VanMoorsel pulled the Cat 5 move and while looking
over her shoulder let her front wheel get taken out. She was the 2nd
rider in the pack when she fell and took Bessette and another rider out
with her. VanMoorsel was taken away in the ambulance.

>From: Casey Kerrigan [email protected]

>Yes it was on TV. VanMoorsel pulled the Cat 5 move and while looking
>over her shoulder let her front wheel get taken out. She was the 2nd
>rider in the pack when she fell and took Bessette and another rider out
>with her. VanMoorsel was taken away in the ambulance.

That sucks. Hope she's Ok.
Thanks Casey
Bill C

[email protected] (TritonRider) writes:

> >[email protected]
> >Date: 8/15/2004 10:44 AM Eastern

> >Lyne Bessette just crashed and needed a wheel
> >
> >Guess where the wheel was/
> >
> >In the Trunk/Boot of the Kanuk Support Vehicle
> >
> >--
> >le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett

> CN says VanMoorsel screwed up and took her out? Yes, no?
> Thanks Bill C

YES, She was looking back
--
le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
Six Day Site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

> That sucks. Hope she's Ok.

Bruised hip and shoulder. It's unsure if she'll be ok for the wednesday TT.

"TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >From: Casey Kerrigan [email protected]

> >Yes it was on TV. VanMoorsel pulled the Cat 5 move and while looking
> >over her shoulder let her front wheel get taken out. She was the 2nd
> >rider in the pack when she fell and took Bessette and another rider out
> >with her. VanMoorsel was taken away in the ambulance.
> >

> That sucks. Hope she's Ok.
> Thanks Casey
> Bill C

> Watch it live on the USA Network ...

USA network here is showing a MONK all-day marathon...

On 08/15/2004 12:51 PM, in article
[email protected], "CowPunk"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> Watch it live on the USA Network ...

> USA network here is showing a MONK all-day marathon...

Starting AFTER the race, which was televised live on USA network from 8:00
am - 11:30 am Eastern time ...

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com
veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

"Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:150820040755496357%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, TritonRider
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > >[email protected]
> > >Date: 8/15/2004 10:44 AM Eastern

> > >Lyne Bessette just crashed and needed a wheel
> > >
> > >Guess where the wheel was/
> > >
> > >In the Trunk/Boot of the Kanuk Support Vehicle
> > >
> > >--
> > >le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett

> > CN says VanMoorsel screwed up and took her out? Yes, no?

> Yes it was on TV. VanMoorsel pulled the Cat 5 move and while looking
> over her shoulder let her front wheel get taken out. She was the 2nd
> rider in the pack when she fell and took Bessette and another rider out
> with her. VanMoorsel was taken away in the ambulance.

Have you looked at the crash more then once?

In article <[email protected]>, Sierraman
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:150820040755496357%[email protected]...

> > > CN says VanMoorsel screwed up and took her out? Yes, no?

> > Yes it was on TV. VanMoorsel pulled the Cat 5 move and while looking
> > over her shoulder let her front wheel get taken out. She was the 2nd
> > rider in the pack when she fell and took Bessette and another rider out
> > with her. VanMoorsel was taken away in the ambulance.

> Have you looked at the crash more then once?

Since they showed the crash several time in slow motion on the T.V.
coverage yes I saw the crash several time ( from different angles
also).

"Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:160820041414289154%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Sierraman
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:150820040755496357%[email protected]...

> > > Yes it was on TV. VanMoorsel pulled the Cat 5 move and while looking
> > > over her shoulder let her front wheel get taken out. She was the 2nd
> > > rider in the pack when she fell and took Bessette and another rider

out
> > > with her. VanMoorsel was taken away in the ambulance.

> > Have you looked at the crash more then once?

> Since they showed the crash several time in slow motion on the T.V.
> coverage yes I saw the crash several time ( from different angles
> also).

I saw a cameraman getting another angle in the USA channel feed I saw, but I
don't remember seeing that angle. The only angle I saw was the one repeated
over and over a few times. They did a overhead from the copter but that was
worthless to really see anything. From what I could see it looks like
Iturriaga cut sharply too the left taking out LZ wheel just as she was
looking back. It happened so fast that I don't think she could of avoided
it. It appeared that LZ held her line almost one length behind but couldn't
adjust in time once Iturriaga cut over.

<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:160820041414289154%[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>, Sierraman
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > "Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:150820040755496357%[email protected]...

> out
> > >
> > > Have you looked at the crash more then once?

> > Since they showed the crash several time in slow motion on the T.V.
> > coverage yes I saw the crash several time ( from different angles
> > also).

> I saw a cameraman getting another angle in the USA channel feed I saw, but I
> don't remember seeing that angle. The only angle I saw was the one repeated
> over and over a few times. They did a overhead from the copter but that was
> worthless to really see anything. From what I could see it looks like
> Iturriaga cut sharply too the left taking out LZ wheel just as she was
> looking back. It happened so fast that I don't think she could of avoided
> it. It appeared that LZ held her line almost one length behind but couldn't
> adjust in time once Iturriaga cut over.

what I saw I would not call a sudden move on the part of the rider in
front of LZ. It looked like a normal drifting to the left. The problem
for LZ was she looked behind her while her wheel was overlapped with
another rider and that other rider drifted into the front wheel while
LZ was looking behind her.