Legal drug(jet fuel) and CHEAP too

jeff828 said:
Thanks for the tip TiMan

Question, what is the 1/16 teaspoon of postassium choride for, is it to prevent camping? Can you go without it?
Ti man hasn't posted on this thread in three years, so I don't think I am being presumptuous answering for him. Potassium is a vital electrolyte which is lost in sweat. I seem to recall some famous runner or other dying of potassium depletion.

It is available cheaply and easily at the grocery store in salt substitutes so there's no reason not to put it in.

I don't use it except for longer rides or if I wake up cramped. Potatoes, bananas & other foods have lots.

jeff828 said:
I currently drink 4 bottles of Ultra Fuel, (by Twin Lab) and it does a good job, whats your take on this stuff?
I began using Ultra Fuel for ultrarunning. I started with the form that came in 16 oz. glass bottles and had 400 calories. Twin Labs then changed the product so it came in 18 oz. plastic bottles and still had 400 calories. Finally they got rid of the liquid form; now they only sell the powder, which is supposed to be made with four scoops of powder, which contain a total of four hundred calories.

What I like about the powder is that the flavoring and color is designed to be mixed at 400 cals per 16 oz. If you use one quarter of the recommended powder per bottle then you get a liquid that has a much milder taste than a typical sports drink. During very long events the tast of super strong flavored drinks can become annoying, so the mild taste is a big win. Another reason for mixing it to a lower concentration is that at full strength it will slosh around in your stomach for a while. With one scoop instead of four, you get a 100 cals/bottle, and that is more easily absorbed. Also using one scoop per bottle yields 66 servings per large container, which are failry cheap if ordered online, and the cost per bottle is lower than most alternatives.

The downside is that if the amount of powder is cut to one fourth then not only are the calories being cut in four but the electrolytes are also. I supplement the mix by the contents of a half or a whole electrolyte capsule like Saltstick. Instead of Saltstick you could put in a pinch salt and/or a pinch of Lite Salt, which contains potassium choloride.

garage sale GT said:
Ti man hasn't posted on this thread in three years, so I don't think I am being presumptuous answering for him. Potassium is a vital electrolyte which is lost in sweat. I seem to recall some famous runner or other dying of potassium depletion.

It is available cheaply and easily at the grocery store in salt substitutes so there's no reason not to put it in.

I don't use it except for longer rides or if I wake up cramped. Potatoes, bananas & other foods have lots.
ewww

TiMan said:
Good point about the sodium.....it is really important.
Potassium is next important but nowhere near as important as sodium.
If I am doing a long ride or race I sometimes take a calcium citrate pill that has some mag and zinc too....but that's probably over kill.

By the way for the best store bought stuff use a drink called eload...it's by far the best but I don't think it is any better than my formula.
http://www.eload.net/eProductChart1.htm

gee doesn't it take more than two tablespoons of bicarb bro....never tried it though but I will.
Funny you bring up eload. Your recipie matches what Dr. Stoddard (who invented it) told me almost exactly. I have used eload quite a lot and it is really good. I guess there really is nothing new anymore.

I agree about it being to strong mixed at 4 scoops, especially later in a ride, so I use only 3 scoops (300cal) per 20oz bottle and i drink 4 bottles per 4-6hr ride. I love this stuff.

Bro Deal said:
I began using Ultra Fuel for ultrarunning. I started with the form that came in 16 oz. glass bottles and had 400 calories. Twin Labs then changed the product so it came in 18 oz. plastic bottles and still had 400 calories. Finally they got rid of the liquid form; now they only sell the powder, which is supposed to be made with four scoops of powder, which contain a total of four hundred calories.

What I like about the powder is that the flavoring and color is designed to be mixed at 400 cals per 16 oz. If you use one quarter of the recommended powder per bottle then you get a liquid that has a much milder taste than a typical sports drink. During very long events the tast of super strong flavored drinks can become annoying, so the mild taste is a big win. Another reason for mixing it to a lower concentration is that at full strength it will slosh around in your stomach for a while. With one scoop instead of four, you get a 100 cals/bottle, and that is more easily absorbed. Also using one scoop per bottle yields 66 servings per large container, which are failry cheap if ordered online, and the cost per bottle is lower than most alternatives.

The downside is that if the amount of powder is cut to one fourth then not only are the calories being cut in four but the electrolytes are also. I supplement the mix by the contents of a half or a whole electrolyte capsule like Saltstick. Instead of Saltstick you could put in a pinch salt and/or a pinch of Lite Salt, which contains potassium choloride.

Jet fuel. Well the jet fuel fumes is what most B1 vitamins have in them hello. Mood lifter and energy booster. This is NO good my friends. Does anyone realize what is being said here? You don't want to consume the **** from a plane. You have to read the label. B1 is the hardest vitamin for a company to put into a vitamin for people to consume.
Why would you want to mess with this? Eat real food.