leige B Leige

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Martyn Bolt

Did anyone tape the 1 hr highlights shown this morning on Eurosport???

Becka Currant <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Martyn Bolt
<[email protected]> wrote:
> > Did anyone tape the 1 hr highlights shown this morning on Eurosport???
>
> yes but the tape cut out 10 mins before the end, grrrrrrr
>
> becka

Pity, it was v.good, especially the last 10 mins! Tyler Hamilton really couldn't believe he was
going to win. He just kept looking back, sure that someone must be there about to pass him but there
wasn't anyone. Bootgart?? looked like he was going to win but went too soon. Armstrong looked very
good on the climbs & with better timing probably could have won. Ullrich looked menacing & wasn't
very far off the leaders even after all the nasty climbs.

Russell

"Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Armstrong looked very good on the climbs & with better timing probably could have won. Ullrich
> looked menacing & wasn't very far off the leaders even after all the nasty climbs.

I really hope we see Ullrich at the top his form for the TdF this year. In spite of his personal
situation and the problems with his team he really seems to have been getting down to it.

--
Dave...

I agree. Its great to see Ullrich back - he's a classy rider.

I also note that Eddy Merckx has criticized USPS and Armstrong for their tactics in this race.
Armstrong did indeed look strong, but he attacked at the wrong time.

I think Hamilton's win was deserved. The work that CSC and Sorensen in particular did to reel in the
leaders in the last 10km or so was fantastic.

TB

Dave Kahn wrote:

> "Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
> > Armstrong looked very good on the climbs & with better timing probably could have won. Ullrich
> > looked menacing & wasn't very far off the leaders even after all the nasty climbs.
>
> I really hope we see Ullrich at the top his form for the TdF this year. In spite of his personal
> situation and the problems with his team he really seems to have been getting down to it.
>
> --
> Dave...

Status
Not open for further replies.