Lemond v. Trek

On Apr 14, 10:09 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

> > He spent time in the wrong wing of the hospital. He chose the EASY path.
> > Not near as unpleasant as being locked up with Lafferty and Kunich.

>    Can you imagine those two in the same ward?
>
> --
>                               tanx,
>                                Howard
>
>                         Whatever happened to
>                         Leon Trotsky?
>                         He got an icepick
>                         That made his ears burn.
>
>                      remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?- Hide quoted text -

Hey folks Brian's only selectively nuts. The only things I know of
that he's out to lunch on are doping, and Lance, and those are tied
together. I know it might be amazing to you folks, but he's perfectly
rational, a good guy, and has a perfectly normal and functional life
and family who I happen to like a lot too. He's hard headed and thinks
he's right. I thought those were starting qualifications for rbr
discourse.
Bill C

On Apr 15, 8:59 am, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Apr 14, 10:09 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > > He spent time in the wrong wing of the hospital. He chose the EASY path.
> > > Not near as unpleasant as being locked up with Lafferty and Kunich.

> >    Can you imagine those two in the same ward?

> > --
> >                               tanx,
> >                                Howard

> >                         Whatever happened to
> >                         Leon Trotsky?
> >                         He got an icepick
> >                         That made his ears burn.

> >                      remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?- Hide quoted text -

> Hey folks Brian's only selectively nuts. The only things I know of
> that he's out to lunch on are doping, and Lance, and those are tied
> together. I know it might be amazing to you folks, but he's perfectly
> rational, a good guy, and has a perfectly normal and functional life
> and family who I happen to like a lot too. He's hard headed and thinks
> he's right. I thought those were starting qualifications for rbr
> discourse.

Bill, I think Howard means "In the sense that they'd find something to
talk about".
Of course, if you start with TK, the choice for companion would be
much more wide open than the other way. But that goes without saying,
right? --D-y

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Hey folks Brian's only selectively nuts. The only things I know of
> that he's out to lunch on are doping, and Lance, and those are tied
> together. I know it might be amazing to you folks, but he's perfectly
> rational, a good guy, and has a perfectly normal and functional life
> and family who I happen to like a lot too. He's hard headed and thinks
> he's right. I thought those were starting qualifications for rbr
> discourse.

Remember when I used to defend him and he came on attacking me for
criticizing something he said and then claimed that my position was blindly
anti-Lafferty? That didn't destroy my belief in Brian but it certainly
stopped me from ever defending him again.

In article <7b5cc7e1-c609-4de0-8270-c89c75fed6e9@i36g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Can you imagine those two in the same ward?

> > Hey folks Brian's only selectively nuts. The only things I know of
> > that he's out to lunch on are doping, and Lance, and those are tied
> > together. I know it might be amazing to you folks, but he's perfectly
> > rational, a good guy, and has a perfectly normal and functional life
> > and family who I happen to like a lot too. He's hard headed and thinks
> > he's right. I thought those were starting qualifications for rbr
> > discourse.

> Bill, I think Howard means "In the sense that they'd find something to
> talk about".

Yep, that's what I meant. Anyway, I do think Lafferty's quite sane - though his
obsession with LANCE is a bit perplexing, to say the least.

> Of course, if you start with TK, the choice for companion would be
> much more wide open than the other way. But that goes without saying,
> right? --D-y

Indeed.

--

Bill C wrote:

> Hey folks Brian's only selectively nuts.

"Selectively nuts" is still nuts. By all accounts, John Wayne Gacy was a
sweet, affable guy. He just had one tiny peccadillo.

Nuts or not, people who behave like assholes tend to get treated like
assholes. Lafferty fit that profile.

Fred Fredburger wrote:
> Bill C wrote:
>
>> Hey folks Brian's only selectively nuts.

> "Selectively nuts" is still nuts. By all accounts, John Wayne Gacy was a
> sweet, affable guy. He just had one tiny peccadillo.
>
> Nuts or not, people who behave like assholes tend to get treated like
> assholes. Lafferty fit that profile.

When Walsh's book gets published in english, you
assholes will see that Lafferty was right!

Bob Schwartz

>> Nuts or not, people who behave like assholes tend to get treated like
>> assholes. Lafferty fit that profile.

> When Walsh's book gets published in english, you
> assholes will see that Lafferty was right!
>
> Bob Schwartz

Are there highlights that Brian's left out? I figured we didn't need to read
the book. Brian's been much better than Clif Notes for such things.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> When Walsh's book gets published in english, you assholes will see that
> Lafferty was right!

You're just saying that because of paternal pride in your creation.

In article <[email protected]>,
Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bill C wrote:
>
> > Hey folks Brian's only selectively nuts.

> "Selectively nuts" is still nuts. By all accounts, John Wayne Gacy was a
> sweet, affable guy. He just had one tiny peccadillo.

Whoa, that's getting pretty personal!

--

Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Bill C wrote:
>>
>>> Hey folks Brian's only selectively nuts.

>> "Selectively nuts" is still nuts. By all accounts, John Wayne Gacy was a
>> sweet, affable guy. He just had one tiny peccadillo.

> Whoa, that's getting pretty personal!

Thanks for noticing.