TREK and Lemond

Mondo Kongswat

Guest
Do you think TREK will have a few words with Greg?

Lemond (bikes) is owned by TREK last I heard. Greg popping off doesn't seem
good for business for either brand.

Greg was great. Even if he is correct about winning more tours than he
actually did or Lance on drugs, his comments do nothing but stain his legacy.

Mondo

"Mondo Kongswat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Do you think TREK will have a few words with Greg?
>
> Lemond (bikes) is owned by TREK last I heard. Greg popping off doesn't

seem
> good for business for either brand.

IIRC, Lemond has licensed the use of his name to Trek. I doubt that, at
this point in his life, it's a major source of income to him. Whether or not
the licensing agreement is renewed will depend on sales and profitability.

> "Mondo Kongswat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Do you think TREK will have a few words with Greg?
> >
> > Lemond (bikes) is owned by TREK last I heard. Greg popping off doesn't

> seem
> > good for business for either brand.

> IIRC, Lemond has licensed the use of his name to Trek. I doubt that, at
> this point in his life, it's a major source of income to him. Whether or

not
> the licensing agreement is renewed will depend on sales and profitability.

I've heard that Trek does own Lemond bikes. What would be his other sources
of income??

dave

> "Mondo Kongswat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Do you think TREK will have a few words with Greg?
> >
> > Lemond (bikes) is owned by TREK last I heard. Greg popping off doesn't

> seem
> > good for business for either brand.

> IIRC, Lemond has licensed the use of his name to Trek. I doubt that, at
> this point in his life, it's a major source of income to him. Whether or

not
> the licensing agreement is renewed will depend on sales and profitability.

In addition, there is only so much Trek can do about it. It may have a minor
impact on any renewals, but as you say Brian, sales will be the main
ingredient and will also be the benchmark to determine if Greg's remarks had
any negative impact.

Why is it that Americans think everyone has to live and die according to
what makes the most money? Not everyone sells their souls in pursuit of
every last dollar they can grab. Sheesh...

> > "Mondo Kongswat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Do you think TREK will have a few words with Greg?
> > >
> > > Lemond (bikes) is owned by TREK last I heard. Greg popping off

doesn't
> > seem
> > > good for business for either brand.

> > IIRC, Lemond has licensed the use of his name to Trek. I doubt that, at
> > this point in his life, it's a major source of income to him. Whether or

> not
> > the licensing agreement is renewed will depend on sales and

profitability.

> In addition, there is only so much Trek can do about it. It may have a

minor
> impact on any renewals, but as you say Brian, sales will be the main
> ingredient and will also be the benchmark to determine if Greg's remarks

had
> any negative impact.
>
> Why is it that Americans think everyone has to live and die according to
> what makes the most money? Not everyone sells their souls in pursuit of
> every last dollar they can grab. Sheesh...

Be careful.

You just got called 'a yankee for sure' yourself. (TdF Out of Pro Tour --
Maybe).