Lesanne's weigh in, and can I join RAFL late?

Lesanne

Guest
Okay. I was going to skip this challenge but just decided that I am going to try for 155 after all.
I am also cleaning up my signature, instead of recording my highest weight, restart, current and WW
goal, I am going to just put my highest, current, and personal goal. Starts and stops? who cares. WW
goal? mine is more important. There. Simple For RAFL put my start weight 157.5, goal 155. Thanks A.

Lesanne
365/157.5/155

A clean start in the new year. Congrats on the maintain.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:29:36 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Okay. I was going to skip this challenge but just decided that I am going to try for 155 after
>all. I am also cleaning up my signature, instead of recording my highest weight, restart, current
>and WW goal, I am going to just put my highest, current, and personal goal. Starts and stops? who
>cares. WW goal? mine is more important. There. Simple For RAFL put my start weight 157.5, goal
>155. Thanks A.
>
>Lesanne
>365/157.5/155

OKAY! That's a very straightforward challenge and commitment. Just like you!

Prairie Roots On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:29:36 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Okay. I was going to skip this challenge but just decided that I am going to try for 155 after
>all. I am also cleaning up my signature, instead of recording my highest weight, restart, current
>and WW goal, I am going to just put my highest, current, and personal goal. Starts and stops? who
>cares. WW goal? mine is more important. There. Simple For RAFL put my start weight 157.5, goal
>155. Thanks A.
>
>Lesanne
>365/157.5/155

haha, you are so cool Lesanne, that sounds just great to me! Good luck with the RaFL challenge!

--

~Kristin O~
272/240.8/172

"Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Okay. I was going to skip this challenge but just decided that I am going to try for 155 after
> all. I am also cleaning up my signature, instead of recording my highest weight, restart, current
> and WW goal, I am going to just put my highest, current, and personal goal. Starts and stops? who
> cares. WW goal? mine is more important. There. Simple For RAFL put my start weight 157.5, goal
> 155. Thanks A.
>
> Lesanne
> 365/157.5/155

Thanks. It was surprising considering. I am still bouncing around after
the trip. No telling what next week is going to say. You may win :)

> A clean start in the new year. Congrats on the maintain.
>
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:29:36 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Okay. I was going to skip this challenge but just decided that I am
going
> >to try for 155 after all. I am also cleaning up my signature, instead of recording my highest
> >weight, restart, current and WW goal, I am going to just put my highest, current, and personal
> >goal. Starts and stops? who cares. WW goal? mine is more important. There. Simple For RAFL put my
> >start weight 157.5, goal 155. Thanks A.
> >
> >Lesanne
> >365/157.5/155

(snort) and in 100 words or less :)

"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> OKAY! That's a very straightforward challenge and commitment. Just like you!
>
> Prairie Roots On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:29:36 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Okay. I was going to skip this challenge but just decided that I am
going
> >to try for 155 after all. I am also cleaning up my signature, instead of recording my highest
> >weight, restart, current and WW goal, I am going to just put my highest, current, and personal
> >goal. Starts and stops? who cares. WW goal? mine is more important. There. Simple For RAFL put my
> >start weight 157.5, goal 155. Thanks A.
> >
> >Lesanne
> >365/157.5/155

I'm going to try getting it back down to 157 sometime. We shall see. The swordfish is thawing. I
already baked sweetpotatoes the other night and I have salad and broc/caul already steamed. I have
not had a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny cow as evening snacks.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks. It was surprising considering. I am still bouncing around after the trip. No telling what
>next week is going to say. You may win :)
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> A clean start in the new year. Congrats on the maintain.
>>
>> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:29:36 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Okay. I was going to skip this challenge but just decided that I am
>going
>> >to try for 155 after all. I am also cleaning up my signature, instead of recording my highest
>> >weight, restart, current and WW goal, I am going to just put my highest, current, and personal
>> >goal. Starts and stops? who cares. WW goal? mine is more important. There. Simple For RAFL put
>> >my start weight 157.5, goal 155. Thanks A.
>> >
>> >Lesanne
>> >365/157.5/155

Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157 soon. Yum too.

> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157 sometime. We shall see. The swordfish is thawing. I
> already baked sweetpotatoes the other night and I have salad and broc/caul already steamed. I have
> not had a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny cow as evening snacks.
>
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home scale. And packed and dressed for a cloudy but
maybe dry hike. Aiming for (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles. Eating breakfast and
reading here before I head out. It was good and will be repeated tonight since I made swordfish for
more than the one night. The other stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much nutrients are lost
in refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157 soon. Yum too.
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157 sometime. We shall see. The swordfish is thawing. I
>> already baked sweetpotatoes the other night and I have salad and broc/caul already steamed. I
>> have not had a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny cow as evening snacks.
>>
>> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily multivitamin is for :)

Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30 minutes of toning style weights and
exercycle circuits.

You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that my average has stayed right around there for
6 weeks now. HA. Maintenance success.

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 07:15:43 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home scale. And packed and dressed for a cloudy
>but maybe dry hike. Aiming for (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles. Eating breakfast and
>reading here before I head out. It was good and will be repeated tonight since I made swordfish for
>more than the one night. The other stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much nutrients are lost
>in refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.

I was just reading yet another article on the nutritional values between frozen, canned and fresh
veggies. THIS article states that the most current testing shows virtually no difference in values,
and that it appears the canned varieties are showing a little higher in the nutrient department. It
didn't state any data on varying cooking methods though. This seems to be another one of those areas
that I hear constant conflicting reports. Such as steaming ... nutrients are dropped into the water
below, nuking zaps 'em out, boiling again with the nutrients in the disposed water. I don't much
worry about it anymore, figure I'm getting something no matter which way I prepare them. <g>

Joyce

>On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157 soon. Yum too.
>>
>>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157 sometime. We shall see. The swordfish is thawing. I
>>> already baked sweetpotatoes the other night and I have salad and broc/caul already steamed. I
>>> have not had a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny cow as evening snacks.
>>>
>>> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds and showers. When I opened the door it clear
with a neat crescent moon. The snow from last week must have been melted by the subsequent rain.
This trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets compressed into ice and then the
trail becomes what I affectionately call a vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free. Nice
day. Then came home and washed the car which still had the grime from the Sierra in July and eastern
Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge from the last few months.

I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to replenish the water soluable ones that
got sweated away.

We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using a home weight in this, ahem, competition
since my clothes are a disadvantage (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked down mango,
and frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have earned some of that food.

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily multivitamin is for :)
>
>Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30 minutes of toning style weights and exercycle
>circuits.
>
>You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that my average has stayed right around there
>for 6 weeks now. HA. Maintenance success.
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home scale. And packed and dressed for a cloudy
>> but maybe dry hike. Aiming for (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles. Eating breakfast
>> and reading here before I head out. It was good and will be repeated tonight since I made
>> swordfish for more than the one night. The other stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much
>> nutrients are lost in refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.
>>
>> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157 soon. Yum too.
>> >
>> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...

Well, I would like to get the nutrients as well as the fiber from my veggies, I guess. Canned
veggies have not and will never pass muster
- well, maybe when all the teeth are dentist installed (G) I rarely do frozen either. But I was
microwaving and now I'm steaming.

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:16:35 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 07:15:43 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home scale. And packed and dressed for a cloudy
>>but maybe dry hike. Aiming for (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles. Eating breakfast and
>>reading here before I head out. It was good and will be repeated tonight since I made swordfish
>>for more than the one night. The other stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much nutrients are
>>lost in refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.
>
>I was just reading yet another article on the nutritional values between frozen, canned and fresh
>veggies. THIS article states that the most current testing shows virtually no difference in values,
>and that it appears the canned varieties are showing a little higher in the nutrient department. It
>didn't state any data on varying cooking methods though. This seems to be another one of those
>areas that I hear constant conflicting reports. Such as steaming ... nutrients are dropped into the
>water below, nuking zaps 'em out, boiling again with the nutrients in the disposed water. I don't
>much worry about it anymore, figure I'm getting something no matter which way I prepare them. <g>
>
>Joyce
>>
>>On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157 soon. Yum too.
>>>
>>>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I wandered in the attic most of the afternoon
trying to figure out why the plug near my tv in my bedroom does not work.

> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds and showers. When I opened the door it
> clear with a neat crescent moon. The snow from last week must have been melted by the subsequent
> rain. This trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets compressed into ice and then
> the trail becomes what I affectionately call a vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free.
> Nice day. Then came home and washed the car which still had the grime from the Sierra in July and
> eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge from the last few months.
>
> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to replenish the water soluable ones that
> got sweated away.
>
> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using a home weight in this, ahem,
> competition since my clothes are a disadvantage (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked
> down mango, and frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have earned some of that food.
>
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily multivitamin is for :)
> >
> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30 minutes of toning
style
> >weights and exercycle circuits.
> >
> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that my average has stayed right around there
> >for 6 weeks now. HA. Maintenance success.
> >
> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home scale. And packed and dressed for a
> >> cloudy but maybe dry hike. Aiming for (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles. Eating
> >> breakfast and reading here before I head out. It was good and will be repeated tonight since I
> >> made swordfish for more than the one night. The other stuff is also left over. I do wonder how
> >> much nutrients are lost in refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.

had

What's you're street address. The webcam is all ready to go! Oh, better yet, I'm not that far away,
only a few hours once I'm off the ferry.... When are you weighing???

Brenda

> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds and showers. When I opened the door it
> clear with a neat crescent moon. The snow from last week must have been melted by the subsequent
> rain. This trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets compressed into ice and then
> the trail becomes what I affectionately call a vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free.
> Nice day. Then came home and washed the car which still had the grime from the Sierra in July and
> eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge from the last few months.
>
> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to replenish the water soluable ones that
> got sweated away.
>
> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using a home weight in this, ahem,
> competition since my clothes are a disadvantage (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked
> down mango, and frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have earned some of that food.
>
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily multivitamin is for :)
> >
> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30 minutes of toning
style
> >weights and exercycle circuits.
> >
> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that my average has stayed right around there
> >for 6 weeks now. HA. Maintenance success.
> >
> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home scale. And packed and dressed for a
> >> cloudy but maybe dry hike. Aiming for (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles. Eating
> >> breakfast and reading here before I head out. It was good and will be repeated tonight since I
> >> made swordfish for more than the one night. The other stuff is also left over. I do wonder how
> >> much nutrients are lost in refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.

had

We don't do canned veggies very often here, and truly the only one I can tolerate is corn. Frozen is
a mainstay though. I love fresh veggies, but there are so many interesting frozen blends available
now ... and I can't resist. Also remember, I am out and out lazy. Putting meals on the table in our
house is often a last minute routine ... once I know who is actually going to be home. <G>

Joyce

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 14:14:29 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>Well, I would like to get the nutrients as well as the fiber from my veggies, I guess. Canned
>veggies have not and will never pass muster
>- well, maybe when all the teeth are dentist installed (G) I rarely do frozen either. But I was
> microwaving and now I'm steaming.
>
>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:16:35 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 07:15:43 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home scale. And packed and dressed for a cloudy
>>>but maybe dry hike. Aiming for (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles. Eating breakfast
>>>and reading here before I head out. It was good and will be repeated tonight since I made
>>>swordfish for more than the one night. The other stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much
>>>nutrients are lost in refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.
>>
>>I was just reading yet another article on the nutritional values between frozen, canned and fresh
>>veggies. THIS article states that the most current testing shows virtually no difference in
>>values, and that it appears the canned varieties are showing a little higher in the nutrient
>>department. It didn't state any data on varying cooking methods though. This seems to be another
>>one of those areas that I hear constant conflicting reports. Such as steaming ... nutrients are
>>dropped into the water below, nuking zaps 'em out, boiling again with the nutrients in the
>>disposed water. I don't much worry about it anymore, figure I'm getting something no matter which
>>way I prepare them. <g>
>>
>>Joyce

You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)

So did you figure it out?

I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the nice folks here gave me to create a
spreadsheet of my WI's since starting.

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I wandered in the attic most of the afternoon
>trying to figure out why the plug near my tv in my bedroom does not work.
>

>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds and showers. When I opened the door it
>> clear with a neat crescent moon. The snow from last week must have been melted by the subsequent
>> rain. This trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets compressed into ice and then
>> the trail becomes what I affectionately call a vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free.
>> Nice day. Then came home and washed the car which still had the grime from the Sierra in July and
>> eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge from the last few months.
>>
>> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to replenish the water soluable ones
>> that got sweated away.
>>
>> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using a home weight in this, ahem,
>> competition since my clothes are a disadvantage (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just
>> sucked down mango, and frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have earned some of
>> that food.
>>
>> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily multivitamin is for :)
>> >
>> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30 minutes of toning
>style
>> >weights and exercycle circuits.
>> >
>> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that my average has stayed right around there
>> >for 6 weeks now. HA. Maintenance success.
>> >
>> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...

>see.
>had
>snacks.

Incorrigible!

Yeah, like on a newsgroup were I attempt to hide my email I am going to provide a street! (G) Want
the credit card number, too? (G)

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:00:15 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

>What's you're street address. The webcam is all ready to go! Oh, better yet, I'm not that far away,
>only a few hours once I'm off the ferry.... When are you weighing???
>
>Brenda
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds and showers. When I opened the door it
>> clear with a neat crescent moon. The snow from last week must have been melted by the subsequent
>> rain. This trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets compressed into ice and then
>> the trail becomes what I affectionately call a vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free.
>> Nice day. Then came home and washed the car which still had the grime from the Sierra in July and
>> eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge from the last few months.
>>
>> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to replenish the water soluable ones
>> that got sweated away.
>>
>> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using a home weight in this, ahem,
>> competition since my clothes are a disadvantage (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just
>> sucked down mango, and frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have earned some of
>> that food.
>>
>> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily multivitamin is for :)
>> >
>> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30 minutes of toning
>style
>> >weights and exercycle circuits.
>> >
>> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that my average has stayed right around there
>> >for 6 weeks now. HA. Maintenance success.
>> >
>> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...

>see.
>had
>snacks.

Yes Fred, you Must send me your credit card number. Privately of course, I would like it
to Work.....

> Incorrigible!
>
> Yeah, like on a newsgroup were I attempt to hide my email I am going to provide a street! (G) Want
> the credit card number, too? (G)
>
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:00:15 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >What's you're street address. The webcam is all ready to go! Oh, better yet, I'm not that far
> >away, only a few hours once I'm off the ferry....
When
> >are you weighing???
> >
> >Brenda
> >
> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds and showers. When I opened the door it
> >> clear with a neat crescent moon. The snow from last week must have been melted by the
> >> subsequent rain. This trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets compressed into
> >> ice and then the trail becomes what I affectionately call a vertical icerink! But it was sunny
> >> and ice-free. Nice day. Then came home and washed the car which still had the grime from the
> >> Sierra in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge from the last few months.
> >>
> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to replenish the water soluable ones
> >> that got sweated away.
> >>
> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using a home weight in this, ahem,
> >> competition since my clothes are a disadvantage (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just
> >> sucked down mango, and frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have earned some of
> >> that food.

> >style

other

> >see.
> >had
> >snacks.

<[email protected]>

Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it to anything. We did not have time to
fix it, after we found it, so he is coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr Goode. Snort.