London to Brighton

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by James, Feb 11, 2003.

  1. James

    James Guest

    Hi,

    I am hoping to do the London to Brighton this year and would be grateful if any of you who have done
    this before could let me know what the *ar(sorry I just had to use the C word) parking situation is
    like around Clapham/Battersea area for this event.

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Johnny Klunk

    Johnny Klunk Guest

    > I am hoping to do the London to Brighton this year and would be grateful if any of you who have
    > done this before could let me know what the *ar(sorry I just had to use the C word) parking
    > situation is like around Clapham/Battersea area for this event.

    With 27000 people, I wouldn't like your chances. Then again, if you're on your bike - park anywhere
    and ride down. There's plenty of parking in a 5 -10mile radius. If you've had enough on the bike,
    maybe park somewhere thats 1-2 train stops off and get a train down (eg Olympia).

    See ya there :)

  3. James

    James Guest

    Johnny Klunk wrote:
    >>I am hoping to do the London to Brighton this year and would be grateful if any of you who have
    >>done this before could let me know what the *ar(sorry I just had to use the C word) parking
    >>situation is like around Clapham/Battersea area for this event.
    >

    > With 27000 people, I wouldn't like your chances. Then again, if you're on your bike - park
    > anywhere and ride down. There's plenty of parking in a 5 -10mile radius. If you've had enough on
    > the bike, maybe park somewhere thats 1-2 train stops off and get a train down (eg Olympia).
    >
    > See ya there :)

    I thought it might be painful...but have anew plan now.