val189 said:"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:
Would suggest you exercise more regularly and avoid trans fats in order to get your HDL up.
I go to a gym 4-5 times week, and do resistance and cardio.
The latter will do more to raise HDL than the former. Daily would be better than 4-5 times/week.
Right before the biggest meal of the day has more efficacy than any other time of the day.
Quoted message said:My BMI is
20.1.
Good.
Quoted message said:
I try to limit all fats but will watch this even more religiously.
Ok.
Quoted message said:
Mets around 6.6. Should I try to just increase duration or mets or both?
Increasing frequency and optimal timing should help more.
Quoted message said:
More cardio and less resistance?
Ime, more effective for raising HDL.
Quoted message said:I have a limited amount of hours I can spend there and want to do it wisely.
Understandable.
Humbly,
Andrew
--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
heartmdphd.comheartmdphd.comOpen ↗