MA: wrist pain

On 2004-07-04, pas penned:

>>> my vote is to always go for massage therapy first. I
>>> have an amazing practitioner who's really helped to deal
>>> with hand pain due to overuse from my work, and some on-
>>> going residual in my back from two car accidents. I'm
>>> always hesistant to go for some one who might want to
>>> cut me, or use me to help with their boat payments. My
>>> chiropractor also adjusts all my joints, not just my
>>> back, and I think that helps too.
>

> It's cheaper than surgery. You need to see your GP, then
> get a referral for massage. Maybe I"m lucky, my copay for
> prescribed masssage is $10, and I have no problem getting
> referrals as it's effective treatment for me. The docs I
> work with are fairly wellness oriented as compared to boat
> payment surgery oriented.

I saw my chiro today and mentioned the wrist thing. She
pointed out the visible swelling, which I hadn't noticed.
She and her husband (both chiros) popped some stuff, gave me
their take on what was causing the problem, and recommended
some stretches and things to avoid.

I figure I'll try their suggestions for a while and see
if it works.

They usually just do my back, unless I mention a specific
problem, but the depth and breadth of knowledge they have
amazes me, and they're always very ready to lend a hand.

--
monique

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> I saw my chiro today and mentioned the wrist thing. She
> pointed out the visible swelling, which I hadn't noticed.
> She and her husband (both chiros) popped some stuff, gave
> me their take on what was causing the problem, and
> recommended some stretches and things to avoid.
>
> I figure I'll try their suggestions for a while and see if
> it works.
>
> They usually just do my back, unless I mention a specific
> problem, but the depth and breadth of knowledge they have
> amazes me, and they're always very ready to lend a hand.

today I asked for the full meal deal, as I hadn't been
adjusted in some time and my right terres minor was starting
to spasm ( muscle under the scapula) Plus, my elbow has been
messed up ever since I landed on it a few months ago, and I
rolled over my ankle a few weeks ago. Pelvis, both wrist,
both elbows, ankles and of course neck, thoracic region and
lumbar regions. Ahhh, much better

penny

On 2004-07-06, pas penned:

> today I asked for the full meal deal, as I hadn't been
> adjusted in some time and my right terres minor was
> starting to spasm ( muscle under the scapula) Plus, my
> elbow has been messed up ever since I landed on it a
> few months ago, and I rolled over my ankle a few weeks
> ago. Pelvis, both wrist, both elbows, ankles and of
> course neck, thoracic region and lumbar regions. Ahhh,
> much better

If I knew what a scapula was, then maybe I could picture the
muscle under it =P

--
monique

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2004-07-06, pas penned:
>
>>today I asked for the full meal deal, as I hadn't been
>>adjusted in some time and my right terres minor was
>>starting to spasm ( muscle under the scapula) Plus, my
>>elbow has been messed up ever since I landed on it a
>>few months ago, and I rolled over my ankle a few weeks
>>ago. Pelvis, both wrist, both elbows, ankles and of
>>course neck, thoracic region and lumbar regions. Ahhh,
>>much better
>

> If I knew what a scapula was, then maybe I could picture
> the muscle under it =P

Shoulder blade. Susie has problems with this spasming too.
Any stretches that work Penny?

Shawn