Wrist pain

bobby

Jul 8, 2003
Hi.
I'm having a problem with wrist pain at the moment. I'm riding on a regular basis, on a relatively new bike on single track and forest road, climbs and some good descents. The bike setup was done at the shop with seat and stem adjustment etc but I am now finding that my wrists are killing me!! I've read that setup can contribute/cause such problems but I'm wondering what changes I should make to cure my frustrating and soon to be debilitating gripe.
I have a flat XC bar at the top of its adjustment and the saddle is setup as standard (heel at 6 O'clock etc). Should I try changing the stem and bars to give more height? Hope someone can help.
B
:(

No replies. Never mind.
Changed flat bars to risers and shortened the stem with increase in angle. No further problems.
B

Originally posted by bobby
No replies. Never mind.
Changed flat bars to risers and shortened the stem with increase in angle. No further problems.
B

Hey mate,

Yep, setup can help somewhat on the impact on your body, but it will also dramatically improve the performance of your bike and the whole feel of it which is a bonus.

Basically, if you are starting riding, or just picking it up again, or even just changed bikes your body isn't used to being in the positions it is in all the time on the bike. You need to allow your body time to adjust and get used to it and strengthen muscles where stress is. This would have been a big factor in it getting better, you just need to give your body time.

Cheers,
Ken