Malvern Star collecting and restoration article

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by flyingdutch, Jan 17, 2006.

  1. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Today's Age in the 'Money' section

    A full page article on the Malvern Star and some restorers tales
    Mentions a guy in Sydely (Owen Denmeade who has many on sho in Le Spit LBS, Mosman) and rides his cane wheeled lovelies regularly around centennial park

    lots a pictures and even one of a Skidstar. Looks like my hardrubbish find will make me rich :D

    Tags:

  2. sinus

    sinus New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2004
    Also noticed a letter in the Drive section from a certain Dutchman in North Balwyn that had a good go at inconsiderate drivers, quoted Douglas Adams, but did not mention cycling once. What superb self-control. Well done.

    Can't find a link, sorry.

  3. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    bahahahah. sedition is the new black :D

  4. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Oh poop, may have to purchase a copy for the article. We like Malvern Stars. Yes there is a obvious link. One day we'll find a tangled pile of five-stars casually dumped in hard waste, in pristine condition....

  5. sinus

    sinus New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2004
    words, words, you're doing my head in.

    Link (a.k.a. URL) for older letters is there, maybe takes Fairfax a few days to scan in copy, put it through OCR and then load it to their site ;-)

  6. flyingdutch wrote:
    > Today's Age in the 'Money' section
    >
    > A full page article on the Malvern Star and some restorers tales
    > Mentions a guy in Sydely (Owen Denmeade who has many on sho in Le Spit
    > LBS, Mosman) and rides his cane wheeled lovelies regularly around
    > centennial park
    >
    > lots a pictures and even one of a Skidstar. Looks like my hardrubbish
    > find will make me rich :D

    Really!, "Oh Dear you're going to get a better frame for your bike"

    I guess being less efficent occassinally [1] has its rewards. Her frame
    is a fully stickered genuine Malvern Star LA 84 {:).

    sigh!, I'll probably find out that was when they were Taiwanese knock offs.