Malvern Star collecting and restoration article

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
Today's Age in the 'Money' section

A full page article on the Malvern Star and some restorers tales
Mentions a guy in Sydely (Owen Denmeade who has many on sho in Le Spit LBS, Mosman) and rides his cane wheeled lovelies regularly around centennial park

lots a pictures and even one of a Skidstar. Looks like my hardrubbish find will make me rich :D

flyingdutch said:
Today's Age in the 'Money' section
Also noticed a letter in the Drive section from a certain Dutchman in North Balwyn that had a good go at inconsiderate drivers, quoted Douglas Adams, but did not mention cycling once. What superb self-control. Well done.

Can't find a link, sorry.

sinus said:
Also noticed a letter in the Drive section from a certain Dutchman in North Balwyn that had a good go at inconsiderate drivers, quoted Douglas Adams, but did not mention cycling once. What superb self-control. Well done.

Can't find a link, sorry.

bahahahah. sedition is the new black :D

Oh ****, may have to purchase a copy for the article. We like Malvern Stars. Yes there is a obvious link. One day we'll find a tangled pile of five-stars casually dumped in hard waste, in pristine condition....

cfsmtb said:
Oh ****, may have to purchase a copy for the article. We like Malvern Stars. Yes there is a obvious link. One day we'll find a tangled pile of five-stars casually dumped in hard waste, in pristine condition....
words, words, you're doing my head in.

Link (a.k.a. URL) for older letters is there, maybe takes Fairfax a few days to scan in copy, put it through OCR and then load it to their site ;-)

flyingdutch wrote:
> Today's Age in the 'Money' section
>
> A full page article on the Malvern Star and some restorers tales
> Mentions a guy in Sydely (Owen Denmeade who has many on sho in Le Spit
> LBS, Mosman) and rides his cane wheeled lovelies regularly around
> centennial park
>
> lots a pictures and even one of a Skidstar. Looks like my hardrubbish
> find will make me rich :D

Really!, "Oh Dear you're going to get a better frame for your bike"

I guess being less efficent occassinally [1] has its rewards. Her frame
is a fully stickered genuine Malvern Star LA 84 {:).

sigh!, I'll probably find out that was when they were Taiwanese knock offs.