Marty Jemison is a chicken **** piece of dog vomit:

thoughtforfood

Jul 24, 2007
http://www.velonews.com/article/82154/old-doping-accusations-lead-to-altercation

One of those guys has come clean about his doping, one hasn't. Velonews makes sure to throw out the heroin reference....you know....for credibility. Actually, I respect them even less for that **** because writing that he was an "admitted" recovering heroin addict makes it sound like he is tainted. At least he has the guts to live an honest life. Jameson and the doping apologists at Velonews live with their heads up their asses. **** them all.

I am done.

The race director is weak. The first thing he should have done is kick Jemison off the race.

classic1 said:
The race director is weak. The first thing he should have done is kick Jemison off the race.
I would have voted for someone holding his arms behind his back, while someone else knocked his teeth down his throat, but you are more diplomatic than I...

Marty is, and always has been, a jerk. Marty is ****** becuase Prentice talked, he tried to say it is becuase isn't true....it is well known that it is.

I love the line

"Twelve years later, we’re still trying to clean up the mess you idiots made."

thoughtforfood said:
You forgot "unrepentant needle freak"...
Yup. The worst part is his weak attempt to smear Prentice. 20 years ago he had bad issue with the heroin. Marty says

"[Steffen] has a dark, ugly past. And if he’s going to make statements about other people, I think the public should know"

what a dirtbag.

**** Jemison. I was there the day he stole the national championship from Hincapie. A solo break goes up the road with about 2 k to go. Jemison is supposed to be working for Hincapie who was the fastest sprinter in the field. Instead of sitting on the break, Jemison bridges and starts working his ass off to stay away. He knew Hincapie wouldn't chase. The other guy in the break wasn't American so he just let Jemison work and then won the sprint but Jemison gets that national champ jersey for second place. USPS wasn't too happy about the result.

The guy is a jerk. I believe Steffan.

Malkmus said:
**** Jemison. I was there the day he stole the national championship from Hincapie. A solo break goes up the road with about 2 k to go. Jemison is supposed to be working for Hincapie who was the fastest sprinter in the field. Instead of sitting on the break, Jemison bridges and starts working his ass off to stay away. He knew Hincapie wouldn't chase. The other guy in the break wasn't American so he just let Jemison work and then won the sprint but Jemison gets that national champ jersey for second place. USPS wasn't too happy about the result.

The guy is a jerk. I believe Steffan.
Exactly....and in the sprint he does the complete Fred move and pulls his foot out of the pedal. Proceeds to blame the mechanics to everyone who would listen....then wonders why everyone on the team hates him and he is left off the Tour team.

After he was left off the 99 Tour team he does a 3 page interview where he trashes the team for not choosing him and of course they don't pick him again in 2000.

Douchebag

classic1 said:
I'm suspecting the race director is perhaps afraid of a US Cycling organization that is in bed with Armstrong and doesn't look kindly upon USPS/Disco whistleblowers. Am I off base?

Crankyfeet said:
I'm suspecting the race director is perhaps afraid of a US Cycling organization that is in bed with Armstrong and doesn't look kindly upon USPS/Disco whistleblowers. Am I off base?
Probably not, but he is still a softcock. Assault is a serious matter and kicking JM out would have been more than justified. In fact its the least that should have occurred.

classic1 said:
Probably not, but he is still a softcock. Assault is a serious matter and kicking JM out would have been more than justified. In fact its the least that should have occurred.
Agreed.

(****... now I've got the last post again...)

earth_dweller said:
what a douchebag

velonews is quite schizo about this stuff, on one hand they are definitely trying to schmooze Garmin with all their stories but then they continue this **** and their love affair with all things bruyneel.

(helping you boys out)
And I'll reply to Edie's post made below, here, and therefore not become the last post.

Thanks for that point Edie... I didn't see that bind they were in re. Garmin vs. Armstrong/Bruyneel

what a douchebag

velonews is quite schizo about this stuff, on one hand they are definitely trying to schmooze Garmin with all their stories but then they continue this **** and their love affair with all things bruyneel.

(helping you boys out)

I like how the Velonews article does not cover how they wussed out on the Steffan allegations. They put the original story on the web. Then altered it. Then published a something written by Armstrong's lawyers but made to look like it was written by Velonews. An finally I think they admitted that the defense was written by the lawyers. I forget the exact details of the journalistic debacle, but it was a pretty sad example of online stories disappearing and being altered without explanation.

The funniest thing about the Steffen allegations is that Hamilton vehemently denied them and then shortly afterward was busted for doping. Even if Jemison were innocent, that sequence of Hamilton events kills his credibility.

classic1 said:
So is the director's wussie associate. I couldn't believe this quote.

Sporting a cut lower lip, Steffen spoke with the race’s operations director Chad Sperry on the morning before stage 4. Sperry told Steffen he “understood, and apologized, but that he needed Marty to make the stage happen safely.”

Bro Deal said:
The funniest thing about the Steffen allegations is that Hamilton vehemently denied them and then shortly afterward was busted for doping. Even if Jemison were innocent, that sequence of Hamilton events kills his credibility.
If Marty's intention was to correct what he saw as Steffen's lying then his first words would have been "You are a liar" Not "I hate you" followed by ‘you know, your comments were really damaging.’ He was ****** becuase Steffen was talking, not that he thought he was not telling the truth.

The race directors job was to keep the attention focused on the race. Kicking Marty out would have satisfied a few anti-Disco forum posters who think they have they have the inside story of Disco's success in winning almost every grand tour Disco entered,but it would not have enhanced the race.
If Steffen felt wounded,he himself could have pressed charges. It seems Steffen is always whining about something.

wolfix said:
The race directors job was to keep the attention focused on the race. Kicking Marty out would have satisfied a few anti-Disco forum posters who think they have they have the inside story of Disco's success in winning almost every grand tour Disco entered,but it would not have enhanced the race.
If Steffen felt wounded,he himself could have pressed charges. It seems Steffen is always whining about something.
Are you kidding me? The guy assaulted him...you don't think Steffen had a right to complain that a race official punched him in the face?

wolfix said:
In this case many have the "inside story" as there are plenty of people that Marty has admited to.

Telling the truth does not equal whining......unless you do not want the truth to be known.

wolfix said:
The race directors job was to keep the attention focused on the race. Kicking Marty out would have satisfied a few anti-Disco forum posters who think they have they have the inside story of Disco's success in winning almost every grand tour Disco entered, but it would not have enhanced the race.
God, I cannot wait until Bruyneel and the whole USPS/Disco doping years are exposed. That's gonna be so sweet.