Mathis Bros Elite Cycling Team........

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ronde Chumpion

Hey,

We were in KC last week and saw the DNL (7UP) Team clean house. There was this pesky squad that
kept things interesting, though. Mathis Brothers Cycling Team. A quick check of the morning daily
for results, and low and behold, there are no brothers by the name of Mathis on the team!!!! Some
guy named Cate, and another called Waddell.

Whats's up with that?

Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

"ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey,
>
> We were in KC last week and saw the DNL (7UP) Team clean house. There was this pesky squad that
> kept things interesting, though. Mathis Brothers Cycling Team. A quick check of the morning daily
> for results, and low and behold, there are no brothers by the name of Mathis on the team!!!! Some
> guy named Cate, and another called Waddell.
>
> Whats's up with that?
>
> Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

Ever think of trying to make a living writing comedy? You'd make a killing.

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
>
> "ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hey,
> >
> > We were in KC last week and saw the DNL (7UP) Team clean house. There was this pesky squad that
> > kept things interesting, though. Mathis Brothers Cycling Team. A quick check of the morning
> > daily for results, and low and behold, there are no brothers by the name of Mathis on the
> > team!!!! Some guy named Cate, and another called Waddell.
> >
> > Whats's up with that?
> >
> > Thanks, Ronde Chumpion
>
>
>
>
> Ever think of trying to make a living writing comedy? You'd make a
killing.
>
>

I agree. That post last week about the Postal superteam with Ullrich and Tyler was hilarious.

"ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey,
>
> We were in KC last week and saw the DNL (7UP) Team clean house. There was this pesky squad that
> kept things interesting, though. Mathis Brothers Cycling Team. A quick check of the morning daily
> for results, and low and behold, there are no brothers by the name of Mathis on the team!!!! Some
>
> Whats's up with that?
>
> Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

John Lieswyn had some nice things to say about Mathis Bros. at the KC races:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/2003/diaries/john/?id=john0332

[email protected] (ronde chumpion) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hey,
>
>
> Whats's up with that?

Oh, man, next your going to tell me there were no Doobies in the Doobie Brothers.

>Subject: Mathis Bros Elite Cycling Team........ From: [email protected] (ronde chumpion) Date:
>8/14/03 9:31 AM Central Daylight Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>
>Hey,
>
>
> Whats's up with that?
>
>Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

Myself and Steven Cate went to KC for some pre-nats race training knowing full well that the 7up
boys would be in attendance. Having done battle with them at Iowa this year we knew what to expect.

I got sick AGAIN after Stupidweek and had to take ANOTHER 5 days of anti-viral meds. This and
100degree days does not make for good training.

But we gave the 7up guys a run and they had to earn it. I wouldn't exactly claim that they "cleaned
house". We raced them as hard as anyone and had some bad luck on sunday. With some more racing and
less working full-time (both myself and Cate) the results would be completely different. But until
then, we are just those pesky amateurs.....

thanks, jason

ps: there aren't any guys named Joe on Jittery Joe's team...

The 7up and Mathis teams cleaned house. 5 places out of the top 5 each day between the two teams.
Its always good when Jason and Steven are around for the Midwest races because they aren't afraid to
race and don't just sit and follow wheels.

Dan
Ps, Jason, who were those new guys on your team? They rode their asses of after our group lapped the
field on Sunday.

>Subject: Re: Mathis Bros Elite Cycling Team........ From: [email protected] (DanSchmatz) Date:
>8/14/03 2:50 PM Central Daylight Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>
>The 7up and Mathis teams cleaned house. 5 places out of the top 5 each day between the two teams.
>Its always good when Jason and Steven are around for the Midwest races because they aren't afraid
>to race and don't just sit and follow wheels.
>

yep

>
>Dan
>Ps, Jason, who were those new guys on your team? They rode their asses of after our group lapped
> the field on Sunday.

They are club riders, one was Jason Pratt, a cat 2 on our devolpment team. And the other is Gary
Loafman a masters racer. We had another one of our dev riders in the second group on
sunday,Aaron Smathers.

jason

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:yWN%[email protected]...
> "K. J. Papai" <ken.com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<Ah8%[email protected]>...
> > > "Jason Waddell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > > > But until then, we are just those pesky amateurs.....
> > >
> > > At least you know your place.
> >
> > Which is a good thing. Would that we all truly know our place.
> >
> > B-day boy, KJP.
>
> REaching for old-farthood?

Cycling keeps me pretty young looking.

And... like most people on RBR, pretty much young at heart thinking as well.

"Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:jJO%a.136942$cF.38033@rwcrnsc53...
>
> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:yWN%[email protected]...
> > "K. J. Papai" <ken.com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<Ah8%[email protected]>...
> > > > "Jason Waddell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > > news:[email protected]...
> > > > > But until then, we are just those pesky amateurs.....
> > > >
> > > > At least you know your place.
> > >
> > > Which is a good thing. Would that we all truly know our place.
> > >
> > > B-day boy, KJP.
> >
> > REaching for old-farthood?
>
> Cycling keeps me pretty young looking.
>
> And... like most people on RBR, pretty much young at heart thinking as well.

Went out with a really nice looking lady a month ago and she started talking about how young she
looked. Turned me of that it was so important to her.

In article <PlW%[email protected]>, Tom Kunich
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Went out with a really nice looking lady a month ago and she started talking about how young she
> looked. Turned me of that it was so important to her.

You are more secure with your age, perhaps because you can still ride your bike as much as somebody
10 years younger than you.

-WG

"warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:170820031902011759%[email protected]...
> In article <PlW%[email protected]>,
Tom
> Kunich <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Went out with a really nice looking lady a month ago and she
started
> > talking about how young she looked. Turned me of that it was so important to her.
>
> You are more secure with your age, perhaps because you can still
ride
> your bike as much as somebody 10 years younger than you.

20 years but who's counting? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.