Mavic Cosmic Carbon

lucky ducky

Jun 8, 2003
I want to buy a mavic cosmic carbon wheelset to ride races .
But i heard a lot of different things , some say the're awesome ,
others say they're fragile and not worth the money .
Who can give me more information or experience of these beautiful wheels ?

I find them a pretty solid wheel. Not fragile at all, but im not that heavy. They are pretty stiff, which i like too.

Depends on what you want to use them for.

They are actually both awesome and fragile and kinda heavy.

Aerodynamics of the CC are just great so if you will be flying along nice roads at 45 average they are IMO fantastic.

If you ride slower say 30-35k an hour lots of the aero advantage is lost and they are just a pair of beautifull wheels because of the looks.

For real climbing note 8-9% work at low speed there are ligther(better) wheels for the same price on the market.

For bad roads don't they are stiff and fragile, they will give you a hard ride and chances are that you will break them.

For the rear wheel think about the spokes if you are kinda heavy and /or agressive style rider don't take one with only 16 spokes.

I had them I swore By them on good roads and high speed races 50-55k/h straight line 43-46 averages.

But they are too hard for bad roads an break more easily then standard wheels. I only ow a front wheel now as I broke the the rear one plowing a Flower bed after missing a corner.