merging altitude file into powertap file

vio765

Jan 20, 2005
ive been using the powertap and cycling peaks software for several months now and i love it. i recently got a foreunner 205 and have already downloaded a file into cycling peaks. on that same ride, i have two files in the Calender Tab in CP WKO+. one is from my PT and the other from the Forerunner. i noticed that in the Time and Distance window (on the Athlete's Home Page), the milage and distance has been doubled! one from the PT and the other from the Forerunner. for example, i rode 55 miles in that day. but because my PT and Forerunner both clocked up 55 miles, my CP WKO+ software says i rode 110 miles, etc. can i somehow move the altitude data from the Forerunner into the PT file? so everything is counted once and i can look at altitude along with power, heartrate etc? please help

I believe that there were a bunch of threads out there describing how to merge files. The quick and simple thing that I do to file my GPS and PM data is to setup two users. That doesn't accomplish the merging of data thing, but the data can at least be stored without disrupting any kind of charts etc.

TamMan said:
I believe that there were a bunch of threads out there describing how to merge files. The quick and simple thing that I do to file my GPS and PM data is to setup two users. That doesn't accomplish the merging of data thing, but the data can at least be stored without disrupting any kind of charts etc.
Can you point to some of the merging threads? I'd like to read those if possible.

rjjasick said:
Can you point to some of the merging threads? I'd like to read those if possible.

A few of us have been emailing CyclingPeaks to consider a means of integrating GPS data with Power. Hopefully, they will work on it if they get enough requests. THey recommended for now to create two users (GPS user and Power Meter user).