Mix and match campy 10 cassettes?

trg

Guest
Is it possible with Campy Record (not UD) to merge cogs from an 11-23 with
an 13-26 to get a 11-26? If so, is the lockring that works on the 11-23
usuable for this configuration? Other than maybe avoiding jumps of more than
2 teeth between cogs, anything to watchout for?

Thanks

-Tom

trg-<< Is it possible with Campy Record (not UD) to merge cogs from an 11-23
with
an 13-26 to get a 11-26? If so, is the lockring that works on the 11-23
usuable for this configuration? >><BR><BR>

11t lockrings are the same regardless of the cogset range. Ya can build a
11-26, i have done it. Takes a wee bit of mixing, matching and if the
components are worn a bit, shifts from non matched adjacent cogs may not be
great but...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Is it possible with Campy Record (not UD) to merge cogs from an 11-23 with
> an 13-26 to get a 11-26? If so, is the lockring that works on the 11-23
> usuable for this configuration? Other than maybe avoiding jumps of more than
> 2 teeth between cogs, anything to watchout for?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Tom

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=road/2004/giro04/tech/bikes_climbing

On this website at Cycling News they list the cassettes for several
bikes used in the Giro. A couple of them have Campagnolo 11-25
clusters. This is not a standard cassette offered to the masses. An
11-27 is listed for Shimano, also non standard. So it appears the
pros can and do mix and match cassettes to come up with whatever
combination they want. I suspect with enough money and cassettes you
can mix them any way you want. After all, all of the cogs have the
same spline configuration. Except maybe the 11 tooth is a bit
different. For your combination you would just start with the
11-12-13 from the 11-23 cassette you have and then add in cogs or
clumps of cogs after that.

In the past I have mixed a 13-23 and 13-26 together. The 13-23 had
some titanium cogs in it. I wanted to use these light weight cogs in
the 13-26 cassette. I really needed the 26 cog. They fit on the hub
just fine. But I could tell where the cogs changed from one cassette
to the other. Shifting was not as good on that spot. All of the
ramps and such do not line up well after mixing cogs between
cassettes.

Bonjour,

trg a écrit dans son message :

> Is it possible with Campy Record (not UD) to merge cogs from an 11-23 with
> an 13-26 to get a 11-26? If so, is the lockring that works on the 11-23
> usuable for this configuration? Other than maybe avoiding jumps of more than
> 2 teeth between cogs, anything to watchout for?

Cassette 11-21
11A-1P 12A 13A 14A 15A 16A 17A 19A 21A 23A
Cassette 13 - 26
13A-1P 14A 15A 16A 17A 19A 21A 23a 26A

For a cassette 11-26, it is necessary for you thus moreover to buy one 13
A normal instead of 13 A-1P

--
Cordialement
Jean Pasquet