Mixing Campy & Shimano = Bad Juju?

Aztec

Jul 8, 2003
I posted last weekend about how great that D/A 10sp chain works on my Chorus/Record 10sp drivetrain. Then Tues night, one ride later, I had my worst crash ever (was in decent position with <2 laps to go in a criterium). Concussion, sprain, serious scrapes on face, arms, legs, hip.

I'm wondering if I somehow angered the Gods by mixing Shimano and Campy. The parts worked so well together that it's hard to believe that's the case. And I can't help but feel the Gods should be pleased by my bringing together the two cultures. Maybe the Gods protected me from injuries far worse if I had NOT created this unholy componentry alliance?

Originally posted by Aztec
I posted last weekend about how great that D/A 10sp chain works on my Chorus/Record 10sp drivetrain. Then Tues night, one ride later, I had my worst crash ever (was in decent position with <2 laps to go in a criterium). Concussion, sprain, serious scrapes on face, arms, legs, hip.

I'm wondering if I somehow angered the Gods by mixing Shimano and Campy. The parts worked so well together that it's hard to believe that's the case. And I can't help but feel the Gods should be pleased by my bringing together the two cultures. Maybe the Gods protected me from injuries far worse if I had NOT created this unholy componentry alliance?

yes the mixing positivily definately absolutely caused your crash, of course

Originally posted by Aztec

Tullio has a way of reaching down from the heavens and smoting those who blaspeme. You my friend, blasphemed.