Montreal-Boston race falls on its ass

melslur said:
I'm not Ed's biggest fan, and I have critised him for his personal attacks. For the same reason though, I think you need to live a bit happier and stop the personal attacks. Your nom de plume is especially inappropriate and libellous.
Please tell me why Ed is allowed to make inappropriate and libellous personal attacks or hijack this cycling forum, and no one else can?

That would be because all his remarks are factual.

For instance Bill Kinash being an idiot.

How many times do you think someone has to make the same mistake before you can appropriately name them an idiot? Twice, three times, four times?

How many times has Canadian Cycling Association President and Director at Large, Kinash allowed people without any cycling experience to run the sport? I can think of at least four occasions.

David Braley and Neil Lumsden, two guys had had never seen a bike race were put in charge of the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, an event signed for under contract to the CCA.

Kinash hired Steve Lacelle to run the CCA. Lacelle had never run a sport organization nor organized a sporting event before. He knew nothing about cycling.

Kinash hired Kim Sebrango who had failed at Soccer Canada done diddly-squat at Skate Canada and again, who knew nothing about cycling.

Kinash then hired current CCA Director General Lorraine Lafreniere after Steve Lacelle quit only 18 months into the job. Again Lorraine Lafreniere knows nothing about cycling. She never ran a sports event before. She came from an association of coaches that never held any competitions.

Four times the same stupid mistake.

No other cycling federation in the world is run by somebody without any cycling experience. It’s is sheer stupidity on Kinash’s part.

Gregor T. said:
Please tell me why Ed is allowed to make inappropriate and libellous personal attacks or hijack this cycling forum, and no one else can?
I can't exactly fault Ed (and I stand by my criticisms), then later say nothing when someone decides it would be "funny" to have a name "Ed's a ped". It's over the line of debate and into the area of grade school name-calling.

This type of personal attack on Ed is nothing new.

The powers that be (and "powers" is used very minimally here) at the CCA have no defense against their irresponsible and foolish conduct and decisions.

Thye cannot attack the message so they try to attack the messenger. It is a very transparent tactic.

Every criticism and concen that Ed has made has come to fruition.

The CCA is a shambles, far worse now than it was only five years ago when Kinash took over. In only two years revenues have dropped by a $1,000,000 when the goal was to raise them by $2,000,000.

melslur said:
I can't exactly fault Ed (and I stand by my criticisms), then later say nothing when someone decides it would be "funny" to have a name "Ed's a ped". It's over the line of debate and into the area of grade school name-calling.

Yes, you are right. It is name calling and childish. However, it is always in response to Ed's attacks on Bill and on Saskatchewan. Ed offers nothing and adds nothing to any conversation. He rants because he is mad at Bill. Think about it, can one person run everything at the CCA? What does it matter to Ed how Saskatchewan is run? However, we don't have an issue with wearing knee warmers, unlike some other provinces. At the CCA there are a number of people on each committee, you can't blame one person for all the problems. And sure, the CCA has lots of problems; look at the issues with CX nationals, Road nationals, selection to races, etc. Bill is not involved in this. Bill just happened to be president when Ed got fired, that's it. Look back at some past threads, a number of people posted proof refuting Ed's claims at most everything. Here are just a few things that you may not be aware of which are contrary to what Ed will say. Saskatchewan hosted a stage of, I believe, the Coor's Light Stage race back when it was a big thing. Alex Wrubleski is from Saskatchewan. I don't think there has been another female who, as a U23, won the Elite road race and tt. Symetrics is the biggest, best team ever in Canada, contrary to Ed's ego. And Ed has been kicked off just about every other cycling forum on the internet, I wonder why. Ed has had charges filed against him for his personal attacks, I wonder why. I am sure he is happy that you are defending him; it's nice for everyone to have a friend.

Saskatchewan has NEVER had a stage of anything race in the last 30 years. It never even had a Canada Cup road race back when every other province in the country had one. The best SK can point to was a national or international master race in the early 1990s.

As for Ed "not offer anything", what lie!

Among the many things he has or is advocating are:

1. Official National Criterium Championships.
2. The on-line sale of CCA merchandise.(much more than is curenytly available and that was made available only after years of Ed requesting it)
3. Moving the CCA out office out of expensive and impractical offcioes in Ottawa to somewhere more acomdatign and practical.
4. Using legacy money for a brick and morter track and a true national cycling centre.
5. Hiring of somebody with cycling experience to run the cycling association. (very radicial idea apparently to the CCA).
6. Mandating the CCA to assist in organizing a national or international sanction in each cycling discipline in in each province.
7. Setting minimum standrards for accepting CCA sponsorship and terminating deals that do not meet those standards.

that's just a few things...

I think you don't really need to have any experience in cycling or sports if you are a president of a national cycling association. It's more important to be smart and be more of a business leader rather than a sports leader. Those who are members of road, track, MTB etc. commitees should have the experience and know how.

Minnedosa race is on June 23-24 this year. BOB was a decent race as there were guys from Edmonton and Calgary. I think that race has some potential and with some work might grow much bigger.

Fausto Coppied said:
Saskatchewan has NEVER had a stage of anything race in the last 30 years. It never even had a Canada Cup road race back when every other province in the country had one. The best SK can point to was a national or international master race in the early 1990s.

As for Ed "not offer anything", what lie!

Among the many things he has or is advocating are:

1. Official National Criterium Championships.
2. The on-line sale of CCA merchandise.(much more than is curenytly available and that was made available only after years of Ed requesting it)
3. Moving the CCA out office out of expensive and impractical offcioes in Ottawa to somewhere more acomdatign and practical.
4. Using legacy money for a brick and morter track and a true national cycling centre.
5. Hiring of somebody with cycling experience to run the cycling association. (very radicial idea apparently to the CCA).
6. Mandating the CCA to assist in organizing a national or international sanction in each cycling discipline in in each province.
7. Setting minimum standrards for accepting CCA sponsorship and terminating deals that do not meet those standards.

that's just a few things...
How much restraint did that take?
You did a fine job. You made some points that all of us can agree with. The CCA obviously has some work to do. Good work here.

And then in your next post you revert to an idiot. It is not Bill at issue, it is the CCA. Don't give Bill credit for all that autocratic power. Stay with the good points and use your journalisim skills to develop persuasive arguments that will convince people. There really is no challenge in the name calling, aren't you smarter then that?

I beg to differ.

Bill Kinash is directly responsible for most of the problems at the CCA now because he has hired the problems, people who know nothing about the sport they are now running...,or ruining, take your pick.

Kinash chose to leave the Marketing postion at the CCA vacant for 18 months including the six month lead up tot he Road World Championships and the aftermath. The worst possible thing he could have done. The CCA walked away form the $15,000,000 investment without one new sponsors. A disgrace!

It show a complete lack of judgment and common sense.

Then under Kiansh's direction and in the hand of the people he hired the CCA lost $1,000,000 in revenue in two years or less.