More Pictures of Bikes!

jbkalla

Nov 18, 2003
Hey! How about we start a thread with pictures of members' bikes? I'm sure it's been done before, but I haven't seen it. I would really like to see some of the frames that are hard to get in the U.S. Also, I'm sure some people have custimized paint-jobs they'd love to show off.

So let's see them! Remember, 600x600 pixels max. I'll start with mine:

Ooops! I should have probably posted this in the Cafe... Sorry, webmaster...

Hey, thanks! I'm really only a beginner, so I don't need (nor can I afford!) a really nice bike, but this one's pretty and goes where I point it (usually!) Now if only I wasn't the only one posting pictures...

Originally posted by jbkalla
Hey, thanks! I'm really only a beginner, so I don't need (nor can I afford!) a really nice bike, but this one's pretty and goes where I point it (usually!) Now if only I wasn't the only one posting pictures...
No need to justify the purchase. We understand.

What are the specs?

Hey! How about we start a thread with pictures of members' bikes? I'm sure it's been done before, but I haven't seen it. I would really like to see some of the frames that are hard to get in the U.S. Also, I'm sure some people have custimized paint-jobs they'd love to show off.

So let's see them! Remember, 600x600 pixels max. I'll start with mine:

Here's mine.
Full Dura Ace
EC90 bars
ITM Millinium stem
Cane Creek s5 head set
Thompson Elite seat post (trimmed ever so slightly)
Race Face ti BB
Speed Play ti pedals
Some ti bolts and nuts
Rolf Vector comps.
Weighs in at around 17lbs

Originally posted by lokstah
What are your details, jbkalla? Inquiring minds...

Oh, sorry. It's a 2002 Fausto Coppi San Remo (Blue) with Shimano 105 Group 12/27, 39/53t,
Mavic OpenPro w/Gatorskins, Brooks Team Pro Saddle (Honey), Shimano FlightDeck Computer. I'm getting the new Bontrager Race Lite bar (shallow) with a new stem. I use spd pedals cuz I like treads on my shoes most of the time. The San Remo is just a $700 or so aluminum bike with carbon fork. I bought it in England when I was there. It's a lot stiffer than my old Raleigh Technium 480, but it also flexes a lot less...

Oh, sorry. It's a 2002 Fausto Coppi San Remo (Blue) with Shimano 105 Group 12/27, 39/53t,
Mavic OpenPro w/Gatorskins, Brooks Team Pro Saddle (Honey), Shimano FlightDeck Computer. I'm getting the new Bontrager Race Lite bar (shallow) with a new stem. I use spd pedals cuz I like treads on my shoes most of the time. The San Remo is just a $700 or so aluminum bike with carbon fork. I bought it in England when I was there. It's a lot stiffer than my old Raleigh Technium 480, but it also flexes a lot less...
Sounds great. I particularly like the saddle. Very sexy...

yep, aluminium... around here people tend to believe that Louis Garneau bikes are pretty bad but they are workin hard to get decent performance bikes on the market. I heard they were very popular in Asia.

The whole bike is a bit heavy +- 20 pounds, but it rides nicely

Hi

My new bike, Campagnolo Chorus Group Set, (2000 I had it on another bike), Colnago Dream Plus, Flash Carbon Forks, ITM Millenium Stem, USE Carbon Alien Seatpost. Ergobrain computer.

I think I weighs in at about 17.5lbs.

Now all I need is the weather to get to ride it, cold, wet and miserable here in Ireland.

Dave N
detail

Originally posted by lokstah
Sounds great. I particularly like the saddle. Very sexy...

Thanks! It's an aluminum bike and kinda heavy (somewhere around 20-21lbs), but I like it.

These pics are great! Some of the bikes I've learned about in this forum I've never seen nor heard about before.