Motif suggestions: Was "Refinishing Aluminum"

Har-VEE

Guest
Okay, I get the "Big Brown Box" today.
This sucker (old Cannondale) is way uglier than expected. I immediatly tore
it apart and sandblasted the frame clean. It is now a blank canvas..... I
need suggestions, colors, design... inspiration people.... what do you have
in mind?

I have a friend with a vinyl cutting shop and the "CannonFlail" decals are
in the works. The rest is up to the group. There is no continental
limitations on this one...
Please post your suggestions to the group, cliches are not only welcome but
appreciated. Any personal information of mine that would be beneficial to
suggestions may be requested.

Harvey (Ameri-Tard at Large)

Har-VEE wrote:
> Okay, I get the "Big Brown Box" today.
> This sucker (old Cannondale) is way uglier than expected. I immediatly tore
> it apart and sandblasted the frame clean. It is now a blank canvas..... I
> need suggestions, colors, design... inspiration people.... what do you have
> in mind?
>
> I have a friend with a vinyl cutting shop and the "CannonFlail" decals are
> in the works. The rest is up to the group. There is no continental
> limitations on this one...
> Please post your suggestions to the group, cliches are not only welcome but
> appreciated. Any personal information of mine that would be beneficial to
> suggestions may be requested.
>
> Harvey (Ameri-Tard at Large)

I'd love to rebuild a C'dale, Trek, or other high end bike,
load it up with decent components and after painting it put
a Huffy, Murray or Mongoose decal on it.

Oh man,
the idea of "HUFFY" stickers on a great bike is amazing.

Mike

"Richard Tack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Har-VEE wrote:
> > Okay, I get the "Big Brown Box" today.
> > This sucker (old Cannondale) is way uglier than expected. I immediatly

tore
> > it apart and sandblasted the frame clean. It is now a blank canvas.....

> > need suggestions, colors, design... inspiration people.... what do you

have
> > in mind?
> >
> > I have a friend with a vinyl cutting shop and the "CannonFlail" decals

are
> > in the works. The rest is up to the group. There is no continental
> > limitations on this one...
> > Please post your suggestions to the group, cliches are not only welcome

but
> > appreciated. Any personal information of mine that would be beneficial

> > suggestions may be requested.
> >
> > Harvey (Ameri-Tard at Large)
> >

> I'd love to rebuild a C'dale, Trek, or other high end bike,
> load it up with decent components and after painting it put
> a Huffy, Murray or Mongoose decal on it.

"Mike Beauchamp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Oh man,
> the idea of "HUFFY" stickers on a great bike is amazing.

???? I'm short on component money.... Could I pull it off with a mix of
600 and 105?
This could be good.

The International Harvester -

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:10:11 GMT, "Har-VEE" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Mike Beauchamp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Oh man,
>> the idea of "HUFFY" stickers on a great bike is amazing.

>???? I'm short on component money.... Could I pull it off with a mix of
>600 and 105?
>This could be good.

I'm sure that's good enough to accent the Huffy decals.

Unless you want to try a theme like my little pony, or teletubbies.

Ron

Richard Tack wrote:
> I'd love to rebuild a C'dale, Trek, or other high end bike,
> load it up with decent components and after painting it put
> a Huffy, Murray or Mongoose decal on it.

A guy I know had a VERY high-end Turner mtb (Burner, I believe). Red with
bright white "HUFFY" stickers on the downtube.

Bill "more double-takes than a 60s sitcom" S.

Har-VEE wrote:

> Okay, I get the "Big Brown Box" today.
> This sucker (old Cannondale) is way uglier than expected. I immediatly tore
> it apart and sandblasted the frame clean. It is now a blank canvas..... I
> need suggestions, colors, design... inspiration people.... what do you have
> in mind?
>
> I have a friend with a vinyl cutting shop and the "CannonFlail" decals are
> in the works. The rest is up to the group. There is no continental
> limitations on this one...
> Please post your suggestions to the group, cliches are not only welcome but
> appreciated. Any personal information of mine that would be beneficial to
> suggestions may be requested.

I thought "canned ale" would have been more fun. I *nearly* did this to
mine.

Mike Beauchamp wrote:
> Oh man,
> the idea of "HUFFY" stickers on a great bike is amazing.
>
> Mike
>
> "Richard Tack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Har-VEE wrote:
>>
>>>Okay, I get the "Big Brown Box" today.
>>>This sucker (old Cannondale) is way uglier than expected. I immediatly

> tore
>
>>>it apart and sandblasted the frame clean. It is now a blank canvas.....

>>>need suggestions, colors, design... inspiration people.... what do you

> have
>
>>>in mind?
>>>
>>>I have a friend with a vinyl cutting shop and the "CannonFlail" decals

> are
>
>>>in the works. The rest is up to the group. There is no continental
>>>limitations on this one...
>>>Please post your suggestions to the group, cliches are not only welcome

> but
>
>>>appreciated. Any personal information of mine that would be beneficial

>>>suggestions may be requested.
>>>
>>>Harvey (Ameri-Tard at Large)
>>>

>>I'd love to rebuild a C'dale, Trek, or other high end bike,
>>load it up with decent components and after painting it put
>>a Huffy, Murray or Mongoose decal on it.

I love the reverse snob effect. I aquired a very used '92
600SEL for $11,000 a few years ago. Before a repaint, I had
the shop remove the V12 emblems and replace the 600SEL
emblems with the 300SE badges.

Har-VEE wrote:
> Okay, I get the "Big Brown Box" today.
> This sucker (old Cannondale) is way uglier than expected. I immediatly tore
> it apart and sandblasted the frame clean. It is now a blank canvas..... I
> need suggestions, colors, design... inspiration people.... what do you have
> in mind?
>
> I have a friend with a vinyl cutting shop and the "CannonFlail" decals are
> in the works. The rest is up to the group. There is no continental
> limitations on this one...
> Please post your suggestions to the group, cliches are not only welcome but
> appreciated. Any personal information of mine that would be beneficial to
> suggestions may be requested.
>
> Harvey (Ameri-Tard at Large)

Tee hee hee, I love branding mods. My weekend project is to turn a
Specialized Langster into a Special ed Gangster.

You'll need to add a model to the brand, what was it originally?

Given CannonFlails preference for numbers and letters you could name it
the PU-36 and label it as being made out of Illudium. (Marvin Martians
preferred weapon is the illudium PU-36 Space Modulator)

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:23:48 GMT, RonSonic <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:10:11 GMT, "Har-VEE" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"Mike Beauchamp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> Oh man,
>>> the idea of "HUFFY" stickers on a great bike is amazing.

>>???? I'm short on component money.... Could I pull it off with a mix of
>>600 and 105?
>>This could be good.

>I'm sure that's good enough to accent the Huffy decals.
>
>Unless you want to try a theme like my little pony, or teletubbies.

Or go for alternate chic, like a fluorescent green paint job with
purple accents and Cthulhudale stickers...
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:28:03 GMT, Richard Tack
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I love the reverse snob effect. I aquired a very used '92
>600SEL for $11,000 a few years ago. Before a repaint, I had
>the shop remove the V12 emblems and replace the 600SEL
>emblems with the 300SE badges.

Picture a bright green '65 VW 1200 refitted with a 2 liter engine with
dual Weber 40DCNF carbs and a transaxle built to make use of that, but
stock-appearing from the outside...and with a "VW Automatic
Stickshift" badge on the deck lid.

Yes, I enjoy being cruel at times. It was fun being able to set the
cruise control on 105mph and see the oil temp guage stay right at
170F.
--

"Har-VEE" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Okay, I get the "Big Brown Box" today.
> This sucker (old Cannondale) is way uglier than expected. I immediatly tore
> it apart and sandblasted the frame clean. It is now a blank canvas..... I
> need suggestions, colors, design... inspiration people.... what do you have
> in mind?
>
> I have a friend with a vinyl cutting shop and the "CannonFlail" decals are
> in the works. The rest is up to the group. There is no continental
> limitations on this one...

In honor of your frames origins and material, I'd peel the labels off
of a bunch of Budweiser bottles and glue them to the frame and follow
up with a clearcoat... but that probably been done already. Pick your
own favorite beer instead- I'd choose Old Peculiar if I could find it
around here.

Jeff

> I love the reverse snob effect. I aquired a very used '92
> 600SEL for $11,000 a few years ago. Before a repaint, I had
> the shop remove the V12 emblems and replace the 600SEL
> emblems with the 300SE badges.

Classic!

In article <[email protected]>, Jeff Wills
<[email protected]> writes
>In honor of your frames origins and material, I'd peel the labels off
>of a bunch of Budweiser bottles and glue them to the frame and follow
>up with a clearcoat... but that probably been done already. Pick your
>own favorite beer instead- I'd choose Old Peculiar if I could find it
>around here.
>
>Jeff

Well if you are prepared to pay, I'll drink it and send you the labels
:)
--
Phil Passmore

> Well if you are prepared to pay, I'll drink it and send you the labels
> :)
> --
> Phil Passmore

Phil I greatly appriciate your offer.... I'm taking care of that particular
detail "in-house." ;)
Check Anheiser stock tomorrow morning....

Harvey (Ameritard at Large)