Mountain Kills Mountain Biker

"Kevan Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:45:35 -0500, "rick etter" <[email protected]>
from
> wrote:
>

> >"Kevan Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:39:33 -0500, "rick etter"
<[email protected]>
> >from

> >> Nope. You are wrong to all of the above.
> >==================
> >Yep. All one has to do is reread your posts. Each one of them are
there,
> >plain as day...
>
> Perhaps to your biased view.
>
> Just to show you onw way it is biased: Why would I call myself too stupid
to do
> anything?
>
> Frankly, I'm tired of you now. I've given you ample opportunity to quit
being an
> asshole, but you're still acting like one. So ...
>
> *plonk*
======================
Ah, the last refuge of the ignorant and beaten...

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:00:49 -0500, "rick etter" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Peter H" <[email protected]> wrote in message .news:[email protected]... .> Kevan Smith
wrote: .> .> >Further, I did all of those things you suggested. I spent an hour of .googling on .>
>it for some reason, and I couldn't find a single page that had Brower .admitting .> >to making up
the factoid that X percent of the world's population .consumes Y .> >percent of its resources. .> >
.> > .> > .> You won't find it. I perhaps did not include the information that e said .> it was
concocted by a colleague & he [Brower] continued using it because .> it "felt right." Regardless, at
least one other person has taken it upon .> themself to locate, via Google, a reference to the
precentage statement; .> he confirms it says what I claim it says. The book has not undergone any .>
revisions; the displacement of a refernce by a minimal number of pages .> by different typesetting
would be a minimal problem to a serious search. .==================== .Yeah, you stated that right
at the beginning. Like every thing else kevin .does he can't keep the posts straight, mainly because
he snips them all up .without any indication of what he's left out. Here was your post.... . ."You
may be interested to learn that one of the oldest mantras of the .greenies, that the U.S. w/ 6% of
the world's population consumes 60% of .the world's resources, is over 40 years old & was made up by
an .associate of David Brower who then used it as one of the verbal weapons .in turning the Sierra
Club into a nationally inluential group. When .asked whether the associate had researched his
figures, Brower replied .no, but that they "sounded right," and he saw no reason to cease using
.them even if called to account."

So what's the correct figure, smart ass?
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"rick etter" < [email protected] > wrote
> Fact, you already accused him of making up the statement

This seems to be your only tactic, Rick, accusing people of making claims that they never made. Get
some new material, please.

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 05:11:35 GMT, "Don" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> . ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]... .> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 16:51:58 -0600,
> Kevan Smith
<[email protected]>
> .wrote: .> .> .On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 06:01:17 -0500, Peter H <[email protected]> from .wrote: .> . .>
> .>Kevan Smith wrote: .> .> .> .>>>Sure, to a 33-year-old edition of an obscure book. .> .>>> .>
> .>Irrelevant comment. The book's age has little to bear on this thread. .> .>The book is still
> available, in hardcover, softcover & audio format. .> .>Check Amazon; I did not bother with other
> book search engines since
the
> .> .>most commonly used one gave me several hits immediately. Do a Google
on
> .> .>John McPhee & get some feel for the range of his writings; do a
Google
> .> .>on David Brower & get a feel for the materials on the web relating
> .> .>his involvement with environmental issues .> . .> . .> .It's not an irrelevant comment; many
> books undergo significant changes .through .> .the years. As I pointed out before, the edition
> you cite may bear no .resemblance .> .to those published today, or, in the best case, what you
> say is on
page
> .86 would .> .in fact be on another page. .> . .> .Further, I did all of those things you
> suggested. I spent an hour of .googling on .> .it for some reason, and I couldn't find a single
> page that had Brower .admitting .> .to making up the factoid that X percent of the world's
> population .consumes Y .> .percent of its resources. .> .> He had more brains in his little finger
> than you have in your whole
body.
> .You .> just don't have the horsepower to understand him. . .He had more *brain(s)* (more than
> one) in his little finger?
>
> DUH!

You sound just like Homer Simpson. LOL

"rick etter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 01:55:55 GMT, "Don" <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > . ."rick etter" <[email protected]> wrote in message .news:UL-dnZI406Ibgq3dRVn-
> > > [email protected]... .> .> "Kevan Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message .>
> > > news:[email protected]... .> > On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 06:25:19 -0500,
> > > "rick etter"
> > <[email protected]>
> > > .> from .> > wrote: .> > .> > <snip> .> > .> > >Fact, you snipped out, without annotation
> > > portions of .> > >posts you don't like. .> > .> > .> > There's your annotation, asshole. Oh,
> > > did I call you a name? Too
> bad.
> > > .I'm .> not .> > dishonest, and I don't appreciate being labeled like that. .> >
> > > ================= .> Then don't ly, and then claim you weren't.... .> .> .> Fact, you snipped
> > > out, without annotation portions of .> posts you don't like. .> Fact, you already accused him
> > > of making up the .> statement he claimed was in the book. .> Fact, you said yourself you're
> > > too .> lazy(or stupid) to do an interlibrary loan. .> .> Ah, the language of the ignorant,
> > > isn't it great! . .Jeez, you don't get along with anybody do you, Rick?
> > >
> > > He's a mountain biker, isn't he?
> >
> > I have no idea, nor do I care. He has admitted to drinking moose **** regularly though. And he
> > seems to think he owns the national parks though he has never offered any proof of owning
> > anything. Yet he has the unmitigated gall to call someone else a liar........
> ==============
> Yes, I am a liar. And I don't care what anybody thinks about it.

LOL, you're a funny dood, Rick. We're all laughing at you.

"rick etter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >

> snippage...

> > > ==================
> > > Not just with idiots and liars. Oops, I guess that's you....
> >
> > There ya go getting all defensive again, Rick. Why is it that you don't get along with anybody?
> ====================
> What's defensive about it?

See? You just can't help it, Rick. No wonder no one likes you.

"Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "rick etter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >

> > snippage...

> > > There ya go getting all defensive again, Rick. Why is it that you don't get along with
> > > anybody?
> > ====================
> > What's defensive about it?
>
> See? You just can't help it, Rick. No wonder no one likes you.
=====================
You tthink that because you reply to messages that are old no one will remember your ignorance that
continues in this thread? Come on little boy, back up your original claim...

Wait, I thought you *plonked* me. Can't even do that right, nor spell it right, eh stupid?

"Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "rick etter" < [email protected] > wrote
> > Fact, you already accused him of making up the statement
>
> This seems to be your only tactic, Rick, accusing people of making claims that they never made.
> Get some new material, please.
======================
No, it's exactly what he did, and what you have done. Made claims you cannot back up. Have a nice
day little boy.

Wait, I thought you *plonked* me. Can't even do that right, nor spell it right, eh stupid?

"Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

snippage..

> > > I have no idea, nor do I care. He has admitted to drinking moose **** regularly though. And he
> > > seems to think he owns the national parks though he has never offered any proof of owning
> > > anything. Yet he has the unmitigated gall to call someone else a liar........
> > ==============
> > Yes, I am a liar. And I don't care what anybody thinks about it.
>
> LOL, you're a funny dood, Rick.
Thanks for the proof of your complete and utter dishonesty, little boy. So, your 6 year old mind has
figured out how to change posts and add whtever you want. You're so pathetic it's funny.

> We're all laughing at you.
Not as much as at your dishonesty, little boy. When you grow up, maybe you'll be able to back up
some of your claims someday.

Wait, I thought you *plonked* me. Can't even do that right, nor spell it right, eh stupid?