mtb content, anyone? bueller?

Marty wrote:
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3478
>>
>> http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3471
>>
>> JD
>>

> So now you've got this flat lander trying to figure out how to swing a
> trip out to Durango..................... Happy?
>
> Outstanding photos JD.
>
> Marty

Nothing is better than living in a place where mountain bikers come for
great vacations ... and being a mountain biker!

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.

"Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Nothing is better than living in a place where mountain bikers come for
> great vacations ... and being a mountain biker!
>
> --
> Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
>
> Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.

Craig,

The wife doesn't mountainbike but she's VERY accomodating of my vices
(single malt scotch, good cigars, Mexican food, good steaks, and mountain
bikes).
I have other vices but these are the ones she
accomodates.........................

She tends to wrap vacations around Tim McGraw concerts (that's HER vice)
and I work in mountainbikes so it works out. If Tim McGraw ever goes to
Durango for a show I may have a decent shot!

Marty

Craig Brossman wrote:
> Marty wrote:
>
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3478
>>>
>>> http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3471
>>>
>>> JD
>>>

>> So now you've got this flat lander trying to figure out how to swing
>> a trip out to Durango..................... Happy?
>>
>> Outstanding photos JD.
>>
>> Marty
>>

> Nothing is better than living in a place where mountain bikers come for
> great vacations ... and being a mountain biker!

Sounds nice...

Matt

Marty wrote:
> "Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Nothing is better than living in a place where mountain bikers come for
>> great vacations ... and being a mountain biker!
>>
>> --
>> Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
>>
>> Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.

> Craig,
>
> The wife doesn't mountainbike but she's VERY accomodating of my vices
> (single malt scotch, good cigars, Mexican food, good steaks, and mountain
> bikes).
> I have other vices but these are the ones she
> accomodates.........................
>
> She tends to wrap vacations around Tim McGraw concerts (that's HER vice)
> and I work in mountainbikes so it works out. If Tim McGraw ever goes to
> Durango for a show I may have a decent shot!
>
> Marty

We have single malt as well, unless I drink it all before then.
Small chance we'll see Mr. McGraw anywhere within 250 miles of here.
Willie Nelson showed up last year, but I heard it was not a very good show.

--

MattB wrote:
> Craig Brossman wrote:
>> Marty wrote:
>>
>>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> So now you've got this flat lander trying to figure out how to
>>> swing a trip out to Durango..................... Happy?
>>>
>>> Outstanding photos JD.
>>>
>>> Marty
>>>

>> Nothing is better than living in a place where mountain bikers come
>> for great vacations ... and being a mountain biker!
>>

> Sounds nice...
>
> Matt

:)

--

Marty wrote:
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3478
> >
> > http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3471
> >
> > JD
> >

> So now you've got this flat lander trying to figure out how to swing a
> trip out to Durango..................... Happy?
>
> Outstanding photos JD.
>
> Marty

Ummm, those were not my photos, Gunny. The poster is "Durangoan" and I
think Craig knows him. He's an ex-patriate Buckeye by way of
California as I understand.

JD

"Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Marty wrote:
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3478
>>>
>>> http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3471
>>>
>>> JD
>>>

>> So now you've got this flat lander trying to figure out how to swing a
>> trip out to Durango..................... Happy?
>>
>> Outstanding photos JD.
>>
>> Marty
>>

> Nothing is better than living in a place where mountain bikers come for
> great vacations ... and being a mountain biker!
>
> --
> Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
>
> Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.

I'll be in the Ridgway area for the first two weeks in July. I may be
riding with some of the RideAZ guys/gals around the fourth. I'd be
interested in getting together for a ride if you're up for it. Maybe we can
talk R-A-L into driving down from Denver.

Gary

GeeDubb wrote:

> I'll be in the Ridgway area for the first two weeks in July. I may be
> riding with some of the RideAZ guys/gals around the fourth. I'd be
> interested in getting together for a ride if you're up for it. Maybe we
> can talk R-A-L into driving down from Denver.
>
> Gary

I am not difficult to convince.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot (all alone on the fourth :( ) o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>
>> I'll be in the Ridgway area for the first two weeks in July. I may be
>> riding with some of the RideAZ guys/gals around the fourth. I'd be
>> interested in getting together for a ride if you're up for it. Maybe
>> we can talk R-A-L into driving down from Denver.
>>
>> Gary

> I am not difficult to convince.

You might as well ride around here on the way or the way back too. If
you take 285 to 50 you come right through.

There should be some epics opening up around then.

Matt

MattB wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> GeeDubb wrote:
>>
>>> I'll be in the Ridgway area for the first two weeks in July. I may
>>> be riding with some of the RideAZ guys/gals around the fourth. I'd
>>> be interested in getting together for a ride if you're up for it.
>>> Maybe we can talk R-A-L into driving down from Denver.
>>>
>>> Gary

>> I am not difficult to convince.
>>

> You might as well ride around here on the way or the way back too. If
> you take 285 to 50 you come right through.
>
> There should be some epics opening up around then.
>
> Matt

I'll only have the weekend since I would have just started the new job
and the PTO hasn't accumulated yet. but don't worry, I figure I have at
least 42 more years to sample all of Colorado ;).

OK. So someone setup this A.MB-CO and let me know the details.
Especially where I can park my ass for the night (I'm taking all my
camping gear minus the kayak on the first move).

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> GeeDubb wrote:
>>
>>> I'll be in the Ridgway area for the first two weeks in July. I may be
>>> riding with some of the RideAZ guys/gals around the fourth. I'd be
>>> interested in getting together for a ride if you're up for it. Maybe we
>>> can talk R-A-L into driving down from Denver.
>>>
>>> Gary

>> I am not difficult to convince.
>>

> You might as well ride around here on the way or the way back too. If you
> take 285 to 50 you come right through.
>
> There should be some epics opening up around then.
>
> Matt

I'll try and stay in touch right up until I leave on the 1st. I may not
have internet access since I don't know if I'm turning the phone on for only
two weeks. My cell works just fine up on the mesa.

Gary (yea, let's do Hartman's at 2 or 3 in the afternoon!!!!!)

GeeDubb wrote:

> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>>> I am not difficult to convince.
>>>

>> You might as well ride around here on the way or the way back too. If
>> you take 285 to 50 you come right through.
>>
>> There should be some epics opening up around then.
>>
>> Matt
>>

> I'll try and stay in touch right up until I leave on the 1st. I may not
> have internet access since I don't know if I'm turning the phone on for
> only two weeks. My cell works just fine up on the mesa.
>
> Gary (yea, let's do Hartman's at 2 or 3 in the afternoon!!!!!)

Actually a lot of days it's fine then. It's just when it's really hot
(like over 80 ;)) that it's too much for that time of day.

Oh, and my friend has put out a third edition of his GIS Hartman's map.
It looks great. If anyone wants one LMK and I can be the middle man.

Matt

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> MattB wrote:
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>>> I am not difficult to convince.
>>>

>> You might as well ride around here on the way or the way back too. If you
>> take 285 to 50 you come right through.
>>
>> There should be some epics opening up around then.
>>
>> Matt

> I'll only have the weekend since I would have just started the new job and
> the PTO hasn't accumulated yet. but don't worry, I figure I have at least
> 42 more years to sample all of Colorado ;).
>
> OK. So someone setup this A.MB-CO and let me know the details. Especially
> where I can park my ass for the night (I'm taking all my camping gear
> minus the kayak on the first move).

You can always stay at my place on the mesa. It's pretty much two hours
from everywhere on the Western Slope. Plenty of places to pitch a tent, not
to many sleeping areas in the MOBILE home (that's a home with wheels.....),
unless the family's not there. Sometimes there's even running water and
real toilettes but nothing beats the BHUTB (butt hanging in the breeze)
method. Plenty of lectricity for all your electronic gadgetts, too.

oh, little air at 9100 feet

it'd be a good time to do Wilson's Mesa.

Gary (Colorado white trash)

GeeDubb wrote:

> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> MattB wrote:

>>> You might as well ride around here on the way or the way back too. If
>>> you take 285 to 50 you come right through.
>>>
>>> There should be some epics opening up around then.
>>>
>>> Matt

>> I'll only have the weekend since I would have just started the new job
>> and the PTO hasn't accumulated yet. but don't worry, I figure I have
>> at least 42 more years to sample all of Colorado ;).
>>
>> OK. So someone setup this A.MB-CO and let me know the details.
>> Especially where I can park my ass for the night (I'm taking all my
>> camping gear minus the kayak on the first move).
>>

> You can always stay at my place on the mesa. It's pretty much two hours
> from everywhere on the Western Slope. Plenty of places to pitch a tent,
> not to many sleeping areas in the MOBILE home (that's a home with
> wheels.....), unless the family's not there. Sometimes there's even
> running water and real toilettes but nothing beats the BHUTB (butt
> hanging in the breeze) method. Plenty of lectricity for all your
> electronic gadgetts, too.
>
> oh, little air at 9100 feet
>
> it'd be a good time to do Wilson's Mesa.
>
> Gary (Colorado white trash)

All right!!! A trailer trash party! Woo hoo! I'd never done me
nuttin' like 'dat before.

Email directions and the weekend for the get together.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Email directions and the weekend for the get together.

I'll email them as I get them and hopefully somebody local will step up. As
it stands now the only full weekend I'll be there is 8th/9th. I'll be
arriving sometime on the 1st and leaving early on the 14th or 15th. Gotta
work around the SO's vacation time.

How often are you going back east? I couldn't imagine being away from my
wife (surprisingly after 28 years around her) that long. I could imagine
being away from my kids that long.........

Gary

GeeDubb wrote:

> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> Email directions and the weekend for the get together.
>>

> I'll email them as I get them and hopefully somebody local will step
> up. As it stands now the only full weekend I'll be there is 8th/9th.
> I'll be arriving sometime on the 1st and leaving early on the 14th or
> 15th. Gotta work around the SO's vacation time.

Sounds good.

> How often are you going back east? I couldn't imagine being away from
> my wife (surprisingly after 28 years around her) that long. I could
> imagine being away from my kids that long.........
>
> Gary

Well, I am not making the kind of cash I would have in SF so it's going
to be rough. I have enough frequent flier miles and an outstanding
ticket to go back at least once every two months. I am going to try and
make it once a month, but that will depend on what the airlines feel
like charging. Hopefully I can work some weekends visiting the DC
office and then take the train up to be with them. I used to work every
other week in Richmond, VA when my first kid was born so they are used
to me being away for periods of time.

The move date is now being pushed ahead to spring since that is the best
time to put the house up for sale. So, it might not be that bad.

I also have video conferencing set up and tested so that we can see each
other every night. It actually works quite well.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

> Marty wrote:
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3478
>> >
>> > http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3471
>> >
>> > JD
>> >

>> So now you've got this flat lander trying to figure out how to swing a
>> trip out to Durango..................... Happy?
>>
>> Outstanding photos JD.
>>
>> Marty

> Ummm, those were not my photos, Gunny. The poster is "Durangoan" and I
> think Craig knows him. He's an ex-patriate Buckeye by way of
> California as I understand.
>
> JD

Hey thanks for the rudder. I took "Durangoan" as a play on words and not a
sig.

I hate when I'm wrong. It happens so infrequently............. ha.

Marty

GeeDubb wrote:
> it'd be a good time to do Wilson's Mesa.

You had better either be really fast, or bathe in Deet before going
there. June is very buggy in the dark forest section of that trail.

JD