MTB riding around Dandenong

LongRide

Sep 30, 2007
I'm heading down to Melbourne for work next week and will be staying in Dandenong for a few days. I'll be taking the mountain bike and was wondering whether there is any good single track etc riding around the area? I'm keen to bag some peaks if there are any options around. I've been checking out some potential riding on Bonzle. Is there anything in Lysterfield Park? What about Mount Dandenong - 612m above sea level sounds like it should involve some nice climbing.

Thanks in advance.

Well I took the bike and as is to be expected didn't end up with much time to ride, but I did get out for a ride along the Mount Dandenong Road. I didn't really find much offroad riding but did get to overtake a roadie on the first big climb after turning off the Burwood Highway.
smile.gif

I was hoping to find some single track descent off Mount Dandenong, but it was already starting to get dark once I got up there. Looks like there may be some options around Burke's Lookout but once again with only headlight power it was hard to do much exploration.