mtb trails near augusta maine

Horn Dog

Guest
anybody know of any? I am going to move from Denver to
Augusta to be near my kids but need to ride. help please

"horn dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> anybody know of any? I am going to move from Denver to
> Augusta to be near my kids but need to ride. help please

Here's a few things to check out:

site for listing Portland area rides. There are some mid
state riders in the group, you can post there to solicit
more info.

There's some Maine riders working to establish a NEMBA
affiliate club, you can contact them through www.nemba.org.
I'm pretty sure they have done some trail building in the
Augusta area.

The Belgrade Lakes Area has a group working to create non
motorized trails in that area,
http://www.kennebechighlands.org for more info.

I've been told there is a decent loop in Lake St. George
State Park, but haven't gotten up there to check it out yet.
Mount Blue SP has some XC ski & ATV trails that are open for
mountain bikes too.

Hope you like bugs, mud, rocks & roots. If you're also a
skier, remember - it's only called "ice" in New England if
you can see your reflection in it. What westerners call
"ice" we call packed powder.

Dave Dowler