My photos from Paris-Nice 2005

BobHWS

Mar 25, 2005
I attended the last two days of the Paris Nice race, a finish in Cannes and a start and finish in Nice on the last day. I took some photos which can be seen here:

http://www.pbase.com/bobhebert/parisnice2005

I've been to the Tour de France once and it was a great experience but I enjoyed Paris-Nice as much or more. The crowds are much smaller and everything is more laid back. It was easy to get close to the riders (and former riders). Yellow Credit Lyonnais hats were handed out as freebies and I got mine signed by Bernard Hinault, Bernard Thevenet (2-time TDF winner) and Sean Kelly (7-time Paris-Nice winner).

If you're ever in France during this race, it's an event worth attending.

BobHWS said:
I attended the last two days of the Paris Nice race, a finish in Cannes and a start and finish in Nice on the last day. I took some photos which can be seen here:

http://www.pbase.com/bobhebert/parisnice2005

I've been to the Tour de France once and it was a great experience but I enjoyed Paris-Nice as much or more. The crowds are much smaller and everything is more laid back. It was easy to get close to the riders (and former riders). Yellow Credit Lyonnais hats were handed out as freebies and I got mine signed by Bernard Hinault, Bernard Thevenet (2-time TDF winner) and Sean Kelly (7-time Paris-Nice winner).

If you're ever in France during this race, it's an event worth attending.

WOW, great photo's. Very cool. Thanks a bunch for posting them, it's interesting to see pictures other than what the cycling mag's print.

It's also cool that you were able to get up close to these guys and their bikes (and the bike babes too.)

Thanks again :D

BobHWS said:
Yellow Credit Lyonnais hats were handed out as freebies and I got mine signed by Bernard Hinault, Bernard Thevenet (2-time TDF winner) and Sean Kelly (7-time Paris-Nice winner).
But did you get your camera signed by the "main man" Graham Watson????? Graham Watson would stand out in a crowd anywhere......

If someone told me at school that those chicks awaited a pro-cyclist, I'd not have ****ed around with maths.... jesus!!! :D