My Wife Wants What?

May 14, 2007
It all started when I got home from work last night. My lovely wife of many, many, years met me at the door to the garage with one of those
"the cat that ate the canary" smiles. "Dinner is ready sweatheart, I made your favorite". Jeez, I had to think for a moment, eggplant parmigiana, I asked? No she said, I made ..... jeez, what a let down, no matter what she made it was obviously NOT my favorite.

Anyway, we sat down for dinner.....then she broke the ice. She just came out and said it, no dancing around the bush, no hesitation, no she was not shy, she just said it....I think I am going to order a Serotta MeiVici. Oh, I exclaimed, that's nice, as I bit into the overcooked veggie burger. The burger was pretty well done, kind of tastless, and certainly none the worse for a good squirt of ketchup.

Yup, she said, full DuraAce, Zero Gravity brakes, and an SRM, Fiz'ik Tri2 Aerion saddle, and Zipp 404 tubbies with Cinelli Ram bars.

Taking another bite, I looked at her and said, you want what? Yes she said, and I think we should order it on Saturday, I already made an appointment for a fitting.

Go figure.....I took another bite and go up from the table. She asked where I was going, back to the office I said, no evening ride tonight, I need to make more money to pay for your new bike.

She smiled and said, I love you so much.
I love you too, I said as I closed the door.

hmmmm hope she races - sounds like over kill for other purposes... but who am I to say anything. I'm working on getting my 5th bike tomorrow perhaps.... (but hey, its used and only $300, which is pretty good for a cross bike)

I don't see a downside here. The riding keeps her fit and healthy and attractive to you (nudge, nudge, wink, wink). Your supportive stance on this purchase is a get out of jail free card in disguise. What man couldn't use one of those?